Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don Your thoughts?

Edit: I never heard of this.

It works if the edge isn't completely fubed up. The edge of a window is etched, or sand blasted and just rough enough to be abrasive. & like said said the edge of most ceramic cups or bottom edge of a ceramic plate or bowl works well. We've all seen the ceramic sharpening rod, this is not much different.

My sharpening crutch.

553346cb203ca268e0c9e09cb7a17184.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V
These work very good & hard to screw up cause the angles stay the same.

Need advice and opinions. My niece and husband have offered me a Farm all B tractor for free. Its been sitting a few years and the engine is stuck. And its located about 5 hours from here. Question, will this size work for pulling logs at charity cuts? Or would it be a waste of time for this? Back tires are in good shape but will probably need fronts. Its a narrow front end.

Need advice and opinions. My niece and husband have offered me a Farm all B tractor for free. Its been sitting a few years and the engine is stuck. And its located about 5 hours from here. Question, will this size work for pulling logs at charity cuts? Or would it be a waste of time for this? Back tires are in good shape but will probably need fronts. Its a narrow front end.
I don't anything about the size of these, but logs can be skid with pretty small tractors. I used to use a Kubota L245 2wd. It was a small rig! For free I'd go get it!

Get it brother! Ifn the logs too big you'll just spin!

Workshop, I can do that for you. All I ask is you cover fuel & toll cost, I will handle everything else.
I did a quick estimate and I would guess total cost $225-300. That's a tough call without knowing
actual condition, if it has sentimental value, if after you get it home you judge it not worth restoring
and would be better off to part it out? Lots of variables.

Workshop, I can do that for you. All I ask is you cover fuel & toll cost, I will handle everything else.
I did a quick estimate and I would guess total cost $225-300. That's a tough call without knowing
actual condition, if it has sentimental value, if after you get it home you judge it not worth restoring
and would be better off to part it out? Lots of variables.
Not really sentimental, although it is my niece giving it to me. It comes down to the price being right. First, I'll try talking Ed into helping go get it. He has stuff to haul it with. I have a trailer I could probably haul it with, but not such a long distance.

As Dan said, pull the plugs. Then instead of diesel, I spray a 50/50 mix on ATF & acetone then let it set for a few hours to work. This last fall has an inline 6 cylinder boat motor which had set since 1978, over 38 years & it broke free. I did have to use a pry bar to add preassure while using the starter for a jarring action.

Remember AWOL on the tri-cycle JD at Mansfield? I'd go for it!

Latest posts

Back