Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks a while back I put out a request for a coil for an 041 Stihl. Hedgerow provided one for me to pass on to an elderly member of our church. Unfortunately, there were 2 coil options available he need the other one. So if any one can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

This is the one needed:
041 coil.jpg
I will be at the Iowa Oakfest this weekend or start a conversation with me if you can help.

THANKS!

How well do those run? Dad and I are debating between a T540xp and a MS201 right now... If a little Echo that ran well landed in my lap I wouldn't argue.
I wouldn't spend the money on either of those if there's an echo available..
I got a 360t from Hinerman that's been a gem for a year of regular use so far..
All it needed was a muffler job.

The CS 330T and 360 have a looooog fuel line and no purge bulb. Take a bit of cranking to get fuel up to the carb. Plus, that line has a joint in it that will leak as it gets old and makes a mess.

Piston ported they are, so will spin up higher than their reed valve siblings.

I personally like the 341's and so does Jim.

The recoils on them are a touch flimsy. Climbers are advised to carry a spare in the truck. Not smash proof. Nor will they hold up to long arming.

Good info. I don't currently have a way of applying pressure, but it looks like I need one. The saw is back together enough that I was able to start it. Idles up and down and back again.....revs really high when it's flipped upside down. Something appears to still be sucking air from somewhere.

If you turn a saw over and it runs different, you almost certainly have a crank-seal leak. Take the time to fix that before you spend a whole lot more on metal parts.

The rubber parts are cheaper.

BTW: many of the little vacuum pumps can be reversed to give a few pounds of pressure. 2nd option: almost all air compressors come with a regulator. Just dial into a smidge above no air pressure and that should be about right. If it reads on your tire guage, it is probably too much. 5lbs max. If no bubbles at 5, then it probably isn't going to leak vacuum, either.

Too much air pressure will start making leaks!

Good info. I don't currently have a way of applying pressure, but it looks like I need one.

Find an old blood pressure cuff and rig one up. This is an Isuzu waste gate tester that I got from a tool purge at work.

87faac378e6f5d5945295595aef48790.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

A couple favorites of mine are elm trees that have been dead for one to two years and forests that have had the undergrowth burned off the previous year. Many other clues too. My Dad was running trot lines on Big Creek in Carroll county MO and ran up on a sand bar that was covered with mushrooms close to the amounts shown above in the wheel barrows. He went back to that spot for several years and never found a single one again.

Latest posts

Back