Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, just checked their website (Tablerock). All 10 gates at the dam are opened 4.5 feet/gate. Plus the generators are opened up. There is a second set of gates that can also be opened, but I think it has to be really bad for them to be opened. Right now the news said Tablerock is releasing 67,000 cubic feet/second with 300,000 cubic feet incoming. Lots of sand bagging down stream.

Crazy weather...... really sucks
Fought a pos wildthingy, took a 360 Homelite apart
Got tired of smelling gas fumes and having cold feet.
Put the g6 in the ditch today but had enough momentum
To get it back out.......
Never had this much water in the old garage and yard

Daughter tells me all Tablerock and Bagnell flood gates are open.
Yup, Bagnell opened all gates yesterday. I read a story this morning about a dam somewhere down around SPFD, Mountain Something or Other, that they were expecting to fail at any minute. Haven't seen whether or not it has yet. All residents were told to evacuate and seek higher ground.

Dams should be wide open everywhere at this point. May try to get a picture of our dam here, it is impressive when it is wide open.

My buddy called. He is taking down a hackberry and wanted to know if I wanted the wood :)

Looks like the site is back up. Couldn't post earlier....

That would be Mountain Grove. And lake Lilly as it is called is about the size of a large farm pond, with an earthen dam that the railroad tracks run across.
Not sure what the new Fire department guys are all worked up about. It does this every time we get a good rain.
And rumor has it that the trains are still running.
Screenshot_2015-12-28-21-41-52-1.png

The river has found its way home here. Water will be standing for the rest of the winter in some places. One new fence is gone haven't seen all of them yet. Guess round 3 of fixing starts tomorrow.

Got everything in the garage looked at yesterday. Can't hardly walk, but at least I can order parts for everything. Hopefully I can get everything done before the kiddo decides it's time to show up.

The roads are bad here, but I'm not complaining. That flooding stuff is scary. We're thinking about all you guys in the flooded areas. Stay safe and warm!

Morning guys, woke up to a flat on
The wife's car she has good tires,
I'm at the tire shop... yay
I was coming here anyway to have
The alignment guy look under g6
I got at least a few parts to replace along
With needing new tires
One of these day's I'm going to have to
Replace tabby's car

Still cloudy and overcast here, but it's not raining and we didn't get any snow. Surface of the ground is frozen, but not very deep. I'll look forward to some sunshine later today, hopefully.

Morning folks. Have a good one.

That would be Mountain Grove. And lake Lilly as it is called is about the size of a large farm pond, with an earthen dam that the railroad tracks run across.
Not sure what the new Fire department guys are all worked up about. It does this every time we get a good rain.
And rumor has it that the trains are still running.
View attachment 474189
Yep. That's the one. The story I read yesterday morning made it sound like a dire emergency. Not so much, huh?

Morning guys, woke up to a flat on
The wife's car she has good tires,
I'm at the tire shop... yay
I was coming here anyway to have
The alignment guy look under g6
I got at least a few parts to replace along
With needing new tires
One of these day's I'm going to have to
Replace tabby's car

Hopefully the rest of your day will be better. Those tires can get expensive quick.

Latest posts

Back