Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That may be part of it:dizzy:

I've just been busy. I don't get to see the wife & kids much during the week since they got so much goin on so I spend time with them on the weekend. Also been busy in the shack. This has been my busiest spring yet not including the saws from AS.

Conner & I fell a few trees for his science experiment for the science fair this week. He wants to find out which species of wood is faster to cut. We got a ceder (that he fell by himself with a lil coaching), a hickory, white oak, and some pine. I'll get some pics of it when I get a chance. He's excited about it & so am I.

Lots of variables sounds like a neat project.:):)

Lots of variables sounds like a neat project.:):)

Gonna try to cut out as many variables as possible. The only variable should be wood species. I'll be squaring up the ends of the wood to make them the same size. I've got a laser thermometer so we can wake sure the saw is @ the same temp for each set of cuts. I think if nothing else he'll be the only fifth grader to do a project involving a chainsaw.:rock:

Gonna try to cut out as many variables as possible. The only variable should be wood species. I'll be squaring up the ends of the wood to make them the same size. I've got a laser thermometer so we can wake sure the saw is @ the same temp for each set of cuts. I think if nothing else he'll be the only fifth grader to do a project involving a chainsaw.:rock:

next year he can compare the various chain grind angles, the next - different sprocket teeth, the next - various saw displacements with different length bars ( this could result in a 3-D graph. or could combine. who knows, he may get a doctorate in chain saw at this rate.

That's a good experiment... Will we be able to view the results at the Douglas county fair???

No, it's just for the Cabool middle school I think. It would be for Texas county anyways since that's the county that the school is located in.

Levi wants to know when you're gonna bring the boys over to swim... The pool is officially open...
And the deck has been nice in the evenings... Got to have drinks and watch the lightning show last night...

attachment.php

Sounds good make sure he has all his ppe so no one can bit$%.:biggrin::biggrin:

Check this out tractor went down in the first hay field, hydraulic leak. Rod started on it while I used the David Brown He tilted the cab (love that feature on these tractors) turns out won't be to bad just got to get a couple lines made this week and she will be back in the field. :rock:

6400 with cab tilted by supercabs78, on Flickr

6400 with cab tilted by supercabs78, on Flickr

Now back to the normal saw stuff posting. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back