Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That stinks try some Kerosene thats what I have used. Or rubbing alcohal.

or just scratch it til it scabs up, then scratch the scabs.

or, develop some immunity.

i've done it both ways. lol

i used to hold the rash under extremely hot water when it itched. seemed to help. don't know if it was because the brain can only receive one signal at a time or what.

Just had a rain shower pass through,about enough to settle the dust. I was hoping it would last a hour or so,it is dry around here.

Just had a rain shower pass through,about enough to settle the dust. I was hoping it would last a hour or so,it is dry around here.

I can't agree more it is dry for this time of year if it don't start raining soon going to have to start feeding hay or sell some cows.:frown::frown:

I can't agree more it is dry for this time of year if it don't start raining soon going to have to start feeding hay or sell some cows.:frown::frown:

:mad: Dont even talk about it I am about two weeks away from doing one or the other and with a 30 percent hay crop I don't think it is going to be feed hay:msp_thumbdn:

:mad: Dont even talk about it I am about two weeks away from doing one or the other and with a 30 percent hay crop I don't think it is going to be feed hay:msp_thumbdn:

Sell cows quickly and cull aggressively... They have good flesh and value now... Be pro-active and set aside the funds for replacement heifers when conditions change... I've been down this road 3 times now, and feeding hay in the summer is a bloodbath financially...

around here i think beef is way up.

The prices are strong across the board, with regional differences of course... I could go into great detail all the nuances that affect SW Missouri and national beef prices, but one thing I've learned the HARD way... Never try to feed your way through a drought... Ranchers in southern Texas have known it for years... It's a land useage thing... Stock only what the pasture can sustain... And that depends on rainfall ammts..

Some pics from Wings Over Whiteman last weekend.

MQ-1 Predator drone.

A.K.A. al Qaeda suppository insertion tool. It has two Hellfire missiles on the hard points underneath ready for dispensing.:rock:

View attachment 239376
attachment.php

Whiteman is one of the few places in the world where you will see a B-2 taxi to the hangar.

View attachment 239379
attachment.php

The F-22 Raptor

View attachment 239378
attachment.php

Driest May we've ever had here. If I had cows, I'd be sellin right now.

Bought another tractor 5 months ago for mowing. So far, not much mowing needed.

Opening a couple slaughter plants...
It does wonders for the horse market...

If it gets anywhere close to where it used to be Im having a sale.......same with bucking bulls...market has been so flooded since about 2006 they were barely bringing sale barn prices

I'm not sure it's dry, but I have fish in the lake a month old that haven't learned to swim yet.

Just saying.......

Latest posts

Back