Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H.D. model is the same machine as the standard J model, but with a 6hp motor and two extra bearings on the ram guide. Paul at SS said I didn't need the HD, unless I was splittin all day, every day. I'm happy!

I can't wait to get some vid of it chunkin' up some "less than savory" samples... Gonna be a good time...:rock:

H.D. model is the same machine as the standard J model, but with a 6hp motor and two extra bearings on the ram guide. Paul at SS said I didn't need the HD, unless I was splittin all day, every day. I'm happy!

That may be true. I'll have to give yours a shot before I make the decision, but it seems (with exceptions) that I've always been better served by buying a tool that's a bit more robust than what was actually req'd for the task at hand. The tools seem to live longer when they're not taxed as heavily. I could get by w/a 1/2 ton truck, but my 350 Super Duty has had the frame and mass to handle large loads much better, same goes for the MS660 vs 039 in larger hardwoods. BUT, if the less expensive, lesser powered engine will get it done, then I'm all for it. I guess I need to bring some accurate test pieces w/me and give yous a trial run @ the GTG if you don't mind.
-Bryan

Got my saw ready for your hedge today.

SD166leftside.jpg

That may be true. I'll have to give yours a shot before I make the decision, but it seems (with exceptions) that I've always been better served by buying a tool that's a bit more robust than what was actually req'd for the task at hand. The tools seem to live longer when they're not taxed as heavily. I could get by w/a 1/2 ton truck, but my 350 Super Duty has had the frame and mass to handle large loads much better, same goes for the MS660 vs 039 in larger hardwoods. BUT, if the less expensive, lesser powered engine will get it done, then I'm all for it. I guess I need to bring some accurate test pieces w/me and give yous a trial run @ the GTG if you don't mind.
-Bryan

I'll have it there for all to try. :cheers:

when

So i have been bit by a major case of cad and have been buying a fixing every little saw that i can get my hands on. But there isnt much here so i was thinking that i should come to gtg and look at all of you alls saws and see if that helps. Has there been a date set yet for this year? and location? Also what does everybody bring? just curious hanging out with a bunch of guys/gals that know saws and like to talk about saws would be about as much fun as you can have with your boots on.

So i have been bit by a major case of cad and have been buying a fixing every little saw that i can get my hands on. But there isnt much here so i was thinking that i should come to gtg and look at all of you alls saws and see if that helps. Has there been a date set yet for this year? and location? Also what does everybody bring? just curious hanging out with a bunch of guys/gals that know saws and like to talk about saws would be about as much fun as you can have with your boots on.
Welcome don't worry about the CAD it only gets worse.

It's 10/22 and bring whatever saws you want to run. PM Rvalue for directions.

Do not miss it. GTG's are wonderful! It's the reason I'm driving over 10 hours for this one.

And yes, they are the most fun you can have with your boots on. :hmm3grin2orange:

Do not miss it. GTG's are wonderful! It's the reason I'm driving over 10 hours for this one.

And yes, they are the most fun you can have with your boots on. :hmm3grin2orange:

I git the hint, I gotta leave my boots on, but nobody said anything about havin to wear pants under my chaps:redface:

Not true at all (boots provide traction)

Back