Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slicker than snot on a doorknob this AM. Tammi text me that the FedEx Express plane did a 360 while taxiing in after landing. Time for an underwear change for the pilot and copilot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Too much work trying to out run the other guy. I just plod along at my own pace, much simpler. :rolleyes:

Yeah. I think out-running the rest of life is a losing game. Much like the rabbit and turtle, we will probably come closer to winning the race if we just take our time and enjoy the trip.

That's what I have been told, and I believe it, but I seem to be caught on a treadmill that is turning a bit faster than I find comfortable. No instructions on my treadmill, I have not yet learned how to step off or slow it down.

This morning, all my good salt customers had enough salt left over this morning, only two customers had problems...the ones that didn't order salt on the last freeze up. The only places in KC that were slick were areas not previously treated. Some of the side streets were nasty, but that has all melted off now.

We had a prediction yesterday for almost 6 inches of snow over the weekend. Yesterday eve, it magically got turned into about an inch tonight. Less than that, now.

If you guys down south would quit hogging up all the good snow removal weather, I could afford to come to another GTG.

Slicker than snot on a doorknob ...

:ices_rofl:

The first time I heard that expression, I was 14 years old, driving to work with my new boss. He was driving a big ol' Buick, and was fishtailing ALL over the road. Curb to curb, swinging in 180° arcs, he never even sat up straight in his chair.

Just real calm and folksy, he was casually spinning the wheel back and forth while he was telling me that expression above.

I can hear his drawl now: "It's slicker than snot on a doorknob out here."

Last edited:
Slicker than snot on a doorknob this AM. Tammi text me that the FedEx Express plane did a 360 while taxiing in after landing. Time for an underwear change for the pilot and copilot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
They'd have to surgically remove the chair from my ass if that happened to me...

Evening gents,still waiting on that nasty weather that was forecast for today. Getting a real fine mist out there now,if it keeps up it will make driving interesting later tonight.

That would be great for getting firewood, but I don't think I could afford the fuel.

I'd hate to throw a cord+ UP into that bed...

Dad, little brother and I went out to a friend's ranch today to retrieve some Red Oak that we cut about 1.5-2 years ago and piled. It has "shrooms" all over it and the wrapper is a bit punky but the cores seemed intact. The splitter will tell the tale tomorrow. I hope it wasn't effort in-vain due to the lack of opportunity to go and retrieve it earlier...

Well at 6am it is wet! There are a few scattered flurries but it is so wet they are melting as soon as they hit. The temperature is hanging around 32° F. Yesterday on the gravel roads where there was gravel driving was ok but where it was mainly dirt, to quote pd, "It was slicker than snot".

Latest posts

Back