Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning midlanders!

Work continues on the 048. Fuel tank is dry to the touch. Stihl searching for the brake band. Geezer can't remember if it even had one![emoji45] Or a spring.
Let me know if ya can't find it, I'm pretty sure my buddy rick has a couple of those for parts we can snag one off of.......

Sent from my XT1031

My Wife's uncle sold an older Deere 6630 and 7720 to facilitate buying a newer 88XX combine. He's working about 900 acres but his brother and nephew also farm and they have two larger newer Deeres as well as semis so between the Uncle his Son, His Nephew and Brother they're pretty well set and I can't really help them any more. I have no idea how many hours the 7720 had (which was the one I had been running) but it ran like a top and the concaves were in good shape. The 24' header had some wear/tear and bandaids but the sickle was new and it cut well. I could have bought the whole thing from him for $14K which would have bee a good price but I didn't think I had enough solid prospects of custom cutting around here so I didn't...

I miss cutting wheat. It reminds me of flying a bit with all of the tings you have to pay attention to and plan for but it's also peaceful and gives you some good "thinking time".

Hoskvarna has been on the wheat harvest.

We got a tour of Deere's combine plant and then Case IH when we walked in the red plant the tour guy said "so you been over to Deere's huh, I hear that factory makes a good corn grinder" mind you this was before the IH axial flow rotary combine patent expired and Deere copied them........ The class 8 that the boys have back home has a 12row head, 35' platform, 400hp 10.3L engine 350 bu hopper and the clean grain elevator has a 6000bu/hr capacity......

Hoskvarna has been on the wheat harvest.

We got a tour of Deere's combine plant and then Case IH when we walked in the red plant the tour guy said "so you been over to Deere's huh, I hear that factory makes a good corn grinder" mind you this was before the IH axial flow rotary combine patent expired and Deere copied them........ The class 8 that the boys have back home has a 12row head, 35' platform, 400hp 10.3L engine 350 bu hopper and the clean grain elevator has a 6000bu/hr capacity......
Quite possibly the dumbest thing Deere ever did..
Now both brands are dumping grain out the back...
:nofunny:

Latest posts

Back