Old bars, what do you do with them?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hddnis

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a stack of these that just keeps getting bigger.

I've toyed with making knives before. Just a few simple ones. My thought is that the steel in a bar might make a nice blade. Can't hurt to maybe try one with one of the old bars.

Maybe a machete? Shingle fro?

Any other ideas?

Mr. HE:cool:

An old bar would make a good machete, maybe a good lawnmower or sidewalk edger blade. Solid bars would be better to make stuff out of, a laminated bar will probably have to be chucked. Long bars could be made into a sword, but they're harder to come by and take a lot longer to wear out.

I give them out to the guys that come to the door to take my daughter out.
I tell them this was left over from her last date.

Sell them on Ebay as in excellent condition.:) Anybody needing a good bar???LOL No, I throw them in with the rest of my junk that I hate to throw away.

I have a stack of these that just keeps getting bigger.

I've toyed with making knives before. Just a few simple ones. My thought is that the steel in a bar might make a nice blade. Can't hurt to maybe try one with one of the old bars.

Maybe a machete? Shingle fro?

Any other ideas?

Mr. HE:cool:

Some years back my wife and I were on vacation in Alaska. We stopped at a small knife shop just north of Seward. They used old bars for making knife blanks, and I have one of their knives.

The only bars that I've junked at this point went into the trash, but were of the laminated variety.

What defines old?

What defines old? Someone might use one until the bitter end......

I got 400+ golf balls for my kid off of a free internet site. The guy called the ball unusable if it had a scuff or some other blemish on it. Cinder our dog loves them and makes sure there is at least two in the grass for the mower to hit.

My pickup someone would ask....why are you using that piece of junk.......I would tell them.... I don't have to worry about scratching it and it was paid for the day I got it. I know some people would consider it unusable because it is 4 on the floor with manual hubs.

My 49sp is old.....

I'm old......

Dan

Make a ceiling fan for the Caddict who has everything...

I really thought i was the only person to make one. Took 6 old 24"ers and bolted them to an old industrial type fan motor. I put about an 1/8th of a turn of twist into all them to get some air movement.

Pic required

Some years back my wife and I were on vacation in Alaska. We stopped at a small knife shop just north of Seward. They used old bars for making knife blanks, and I have one of their knives.

The only bars that I've junked at this point went into the trash, but were of the laminated variety.

Pic required of knife:chainsaw: :clap:

Dan

Latest posts

Back