old Husky 240

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look Like This?

These are 44's and they are very similar to the 240 in looks. The 240S is a very good little saw. Well made and of professional quality. Basically all metal and most external parts will interchange with the 44's. If, however, it's an all plastic saw then it is a later version and not of the quality of these.......Bob
attachment.php

attachment.php

I purchased a similar saw from Craigs list this weekend,somewhere between 50-70 cc's for $50(the only #'s on it are serial #'s)
Any idea what the correct fuel mix is? 32/1 or 50/1?
The guy mixed his own regular oil and gas for a mix and i am sure over mixed the oil.A lot of smoke when i ran it today with the 2 gallons of gas he gave me.
(I didn't get his secret formula mix on purpose),but ran it for about 3 hours today it is tight and since there no mosquito's out this time of year (I don't need the EPA police on my butt).
Any help?
Mark

These are 44's and they are very similar to the 240 in looks. The 240S is a very good little saw. Well made and of professional quality. Basically all metal and most external parts will interchange with the 44's. If, however, it's an all plastic saw then it is a later version and not of the quality of these.......Bob
attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks sort of like that. :clap:

I purchased a similar saw from Craigs list this weekend,somewhere between 50-70 cc's for $50(the only #'s on it are serial #'s)
Any idea what the correct fuel mix is? 32/1 or 50/1?
The guy mixed his own regular oil and gas for a mix and i am sure over mixed the oil.A lot of smoke when i ran it today with the 2 gallons of gas he gave me.
(I didn't get his secret formula mix on purpose),but ran it for about 3 hours today it is tight and since there no mosquito's out this time of year (I don't need the EPA police on my butt).
Any help?
Mark

Get some Husky xp oil, mix 50:1 with 89 or 93 octane gas. Retune carb, :cheers:

Actually it is probably older, mine has 2 bar studs and no chain brake.
Orange with white top.
I will try 50-1 mix though.
Thanks
Mark

Last edited:
Went to the Husqvarna website and (history) 61 rancher isn't even close.
I will see if i can take a pic in the daylight.

By Gawd you called it!
I put on the (i can't see so close anymore)Wallgreen $5 speck's and there was part of a 1/2(0) and a #1 next to it.(forensic's @ 56 i guess i can call it).
Delivered my wood,and cut a few cords of beetle kill with the OL! gal @ about 7500 ft.
50-1 mix on the fuel, (I use the Poulan synthetec 40 - 1 on ALL my Huskys!)
Electrolux makes it and should warranty it for my 372 if prob's happen.

(since they make j-reds,husky,poulan)
ALL my 17 saws seem to run well on it!
AGAIN Thanks for your input!!!
Mark
P.S. When some folks say here you need (orange and white)does it=Rancher 61?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back