Old saws, anyone prefer running an elder workhorse? Show em if you run an oldie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess this qualifies and we probably all have one or at least, had one.View attachment 887102
Oooh, that is my dad's Homelite saw in far better condition. Blue even. 'Perty. He gave me a chain sharpening file kit when I was about 8 and said, "Figure out how to sharpen the saw". So I did.

I have a few old green saws myself that I run from time to time. Modified Mark gave me this saw a while back, i was shocked to say the least! Also have a video of that day, which I just watched for the first time in years, put a tear in my eye, for more than one reason.

View attachment 887184

Thats a real nice video mate

I have a few old green saws myself that I run from time to time. Modified Mark gave me this saw a while back, i was shocked to say the least! Also have a video of that day, which I just watched for the first time in years, put a tear in my eye, for more than one reason.

View attachment 887184

I remember reading about that but that's the first time I've seen the video. Fine group of gentlemen there.

Apologies as a newbie here and not literate enough for pictures ....
Mine is a Husky 162 that replaced a McCulloch Super Pro 81 in the early 90s, I'm trying to date it but no luck yet. Is there a particular place to go here to find some info? The Husky is still a powerhouse and starts with 2 or 3 pulls, I always run Stabil in it 'cause sometimes it's a while between uses.
Started out ( 1950s) with a 3-25 McCulloch, to a Pioneer then some XL-12s and super XL-12s ....

Latest posts

Back