Older Dolmars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Well guys I put the 116si together today and it is a success. The chainsaw gods were with me today as she started on the first pull and didn`t need further adjustment until a while later when I put it into some beech to try it out. The high had to be leaned 1/8 turn to four stroke in the cut and boy does it cut,I`m impressed, it takes some to impress me but the porting on the cylinder and the muffler woke up the frankenstein and I doubt my MS440 could keep up with it.
Some fellows have eMailed me and asked if the116si is a collectable saw,I have no idea, what do you readers think?
Pioneerguy600

belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
The older Dolmars are real tough saws. The CA, CC, CX, CT series were heavy but very strongly built, and many still run today.

When I talked to a retired german Stihl R&D guy last year, he told me that when Dolmar introduced the CC saw, Stihl had a good look at it and they didn't sleep well for a few nights (so to speak :laugh: :laugh: )

attachment.php

RiverRat2

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
I had a 143 MX that I sold to fund another saw prodject. I also have a poulan 6000 wich is a 153. Both great saws. The picture is my 143 pulling a burried 42" bar with authority. the 143 has more tourque than my 066. I haven't cut any big wood with the 153 yet but is should be fun. I would love to get a 166 and a 120 super

Wow those are great pics I love jobs lke that where ya have to block of the street!!!!! LOL Good one!!!! rep coming!!!!!!

I hear ya on the 166 I want one too just ,,, well,,, just because!!!!! LOL!!!! post some more Pics!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts