older sthil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homelite360

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
any one ever see a sthil 08 model 5. that is what it says on the side cover. it is a good runner. it is an older on it liiks like it is late 60's early 70's. but that is my best guess. i am trying to figure out what it is comparable to now days, what hte displacement is, and what year. thanks.

Same power head as the TS 350 cutoff saw.60 CC 3.68C.I . Not the fastest cutter in the world. But I would say the best built saw on the market. Was used mostly as a rental yard saw.

Andrew I believe it is the model 08S, not 5. A heavy saw for its size used in third world countries still and uses many attachments. Very durable

i must admitt i have 2 sthils but they are on the top self int he back near the parts saws. they have no power to say so and i would take a homeltie any day. but the two that i have are a 031 and a 032.

I was weaned on Homelites, went to Jonsereds, but now get some kind of perverse pleasure out of climbing with a 020T and I've got a 028 super on the ground.....someone please help me!!!!

That is Jonsered's fault for not making a climbing saw. The 028 baffles me though. Get a 335XPT Husky and paint it red and you will have the same thing as a jonsy.

Back