Olympyk 264F not getting fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwiz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Saw has set for a year, now it won't start because it's not getting fuel. Runs if I pour fuel in. Where would you look first? Can I shake something lose without taking the carburetor apart?
Frustrating because my Olympyk 251 can set for years and always start on the 3rd pull.
James

check the fuel strainer if its plugged--then check the line from tank to carb for breaks or cracks--if that checks out--may have a hole in the carb diaphragm--had this happen on a 264---but it was 23 years old-----!!!!!!

Something you might try if you dont want to tear the carb apart. Like the first post said make sure no broken or cracked fuel lines and that the fuel filter in the tank is clean and not plugged. Make sure and put fresh fuel in the tank. Open the carb jets about 3/4 turns each. Prime carb and when it starts while holding the throttle wide open, close the choke when it sounds like it wants to die. Repeat this a few times and it might start to pump and draw fuel on its own. When and if it does, run it that way (should be running rich) for a while, then you will need to readjust the carb. Sometimes you can get away with this method. If not you will have to get inside the carb and see what the problem is.

Latest posts

Back