One ticked off person!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you filed a police report this way its on file in case you do catch him.

You can buy a wireless camera and install facing your wood piles. I got mine for $300. PLug in the camera at location, plug in reciever to tv or DVD recorder.

Build a dummy log splitter and leave it out there...he may show up again.

If he's caught... handcuff his hands to the splitter, turn it on...and crush them with the wedge and say.... now you'll never steal anything again.

i have started building a new splitter. this thing will be heavy and nicer. i am still thinking of ways to make sure it wont be stolen again.

here is my idea

get you a stick welder. weld some crazy pattern on both sides of the beam,then photograph them. also make the thing as big as you can then make the hitch lockable . make the a wheel lock that is part of the frame. i would paint the thing some wild neon color. check ot the product in this link

http://immobilize.com/immobilizer.htm

:bowdown:

:cheers:

Hitch locks are worthless unless you can lock them TO something, like a ball mount set in concrete in the ground. If the hitch lock prevents them from putting it on their ball, they will just tie or chain it to their vehicle and worry about the hitch later.

The immobilizer looks like a decent, if expensive, idea.

I feel for you. Just keep in mind that if they want it they will steal it. Making it hard for them might make them pass it up. I would build a dummy one and see what happens.

get you a stick welder. weld some crazy pattern on both sides of the beam,then photograph them. also make the thing as big as you can then make the hitch lockable . make the a wheel lock that is part of the frame. i would paint the thing some wild neon color. check ot the product in this link

http://immobilize.com/immobilizer.htm

:bowdown:

:cheers:

i have a tig/arc and a mig welder, i have considerd welding my name or something in to it but theyc an always grind that off. i will find a way.

Hitch locks are worthless unless you can lock them TO something, like a ball mount set in concrete in the ground. If the hitch lock prevents them from putting it on their ball, they will just tie or chain it to their vehicle and worry about the hitch later.

The immobilizer looks like a decent, if expensive, idea.

Man I have been reading this thread for a while now and I really hope you get it back.

I have a sign coming up my driveway
"If you can read this you are within range" Just to bad bouncing bettys are illegal

Hidden Proof of Ownership

This might give you an idea. I used to know a guy who made custom 14 foot catfishing and snagging rods. He used to place a paper inside the butt end of the rod before gluing the end cap on. The paper had the buyer's name on it.

Perhaps you could somehow hide some kind of object in the hydraulic oil tank and be the only one who knows where it is and how to retrieve it. Of course also marking the outside with your SSN or name might deter some people.

Still hope you get the stolen one back.
Nosmo

Hope you get it back somehow. I posted these signs on my property, my neighbors already know not to mess with me these are just for any stupid tweekers who think they found an easy mark....

attachment.php

That's pretty much an invitation to prosecution and conviction if anything ever goes down and you have to shoot someone. It's all about "intent", and you are proclaiming your intent to kill somebody over your property.

Not the smartest thing you can do in this day and age. File this one under, "Foolish bravado."

Perhaps you could somehow hide some kind of object in the hydraulic oil tank and be the only one who knows where it is and how to retrieve it.

I was thinking a plastic "gas" tank with a GPS enabled cell phone inside :D

Looks like this one would run about $11/month for the service through a pre-paid phone:

http://www.instamapper.com/diy.html

Would just need to figure out a way to keep the phone charged without drawing attention to it.

attachment.php

That's pretty much an invitation to prosecution and conviction if anything ever goes down and you have to shoot someone. It's all about "intent", and you are proclaiming your intent to kill somebody over your property.

Not the smartest thing you can do in this day and age. File this one under, "Foolish bravado."

You are exactly correct. Same thing with the signs that say attack dog, or dog will bite signs, etc. Its just a free pass for someone to reach over the fence with thier hand or toss the kids toy into the yard and proclaim to get the object, get bit or harmed and then they sue and then your screwed- unless your the fortunate 1 that has more $$ in lawyers..

You are exactly correct. Same thing with the signs that say attack dog, or dog will bite signs, etc. Its just a free pass for someone to reach over the fence with thier hand or toss the kids toy into the yard and proclaim to get the object, get bit or harmed and then they sue and then your screwed- unless your the fortunate 1 that has more $$ in lawyers..

Well to me your both wrong. I feel you should be able to use lethal force to protect you belongings. In the days of my forefathers it was so and few tried to steal because they knew the result could easily be death. If law is going to bee so stupid as to allow thieves the rights to steal trespass etc. then by George law should be expected to pay to replace the honest taxpayers belongings. I ain't talking bravado bs. I risked my life to attain what I have and if some lowlife is attempting to get it easy, wrong. I would kill his arse just like a rabid dog and not feel one bit wrong in doing so.

How about putting putting a steel eye beam in a cement footing and welding an old ball hitch to it? When you store your splitter ( with lockable hitch) hook it up to the ball welded to the steel eye beam. ??

I hate thieves ...hope you get your spliter back.

oops..didn't see Taxmantoo's post......

:monkey:

A friend of mine has tracking devices hid on all his toys,while you are makeing your new splitter hide one on it and you may find your other splitter when they take this one....

Rope.. Iam not saying it isnt wrong to protect yourself, loved ones and personal property against theft and breakins, iam all for it 100%. Regardless of what State has laws have on holding someone at gunpoint until authorities arrive or shooting someone that is breaking in and your feel of "life endangerment" i think no State law can judge this and is the homeowners right to take action depending on the situation and is up to him or her self to react. I was only stating the fact that if someone posts up a sign saying "warning, attack dog" then mr joe who is sue happy will purposly try to get bit just for the $$, or takes a leak on a electric fence when signs posting the obvious. Myself here in Iowa i do keep a handgun loaded (not chambered) with 2 clips, shotgun with loaded with sidesaddle within easy reach and if i do hear someone breakin in the door then i will take action regardless. Its 1 owns right to do so regardelss of what state, or country they live in

Latest posts

Back