One ticked off person!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That just stinks, Sorry for you're loss. I really hope you get it back and find the scumbag that took it. You can put all tha locks and cables on things you want but if they want it bad enough their gonna get it. Hate to know what i would do if i caught the creep. Probably want to tie his azz up and give him an enema with a fire hose.

Hate to hear about your splitter. Bad enough it was something that you need but worse that it is something you put the hard work into building yourself. I hope if and when they are caught someone takes a horse whip to them till they cant stand up any longer then really give it to them when they are down. Makes me madder than he## for a thief to come to a mans house and take away something he worked hard for and to take away from a mans family. Just a thought you may keep an eye on ebay as splitters and saws should be going pretty good on there now. When you check on ebay check the completed listings in advanced search to see if it sold and you missed it in the active auctions. Best of luck finding it.

Sorry to hear this, I hope you find it. I have a fab. splitter too and have never put any locks on it, I will now!

Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure you put LOTS of hours and money into making that splitter. I know how much work it was to help my father build a log splitter, people don't think about all the costs involved, welding, steel, electricity, cutting, fitting, testing, etc... All that, and then this FU*KING scum bag takes it from you. I just don't understand it sometimes... It really makes you wonder.

Like most have suggested, check out craigslist or, better yet, check out http://www.crazedlist.org/ (you have to use firefox) but it will let you search for anything on all the craigslist sites that you select, that way you can search your whole area. Also, I don't know how much time you have to looking for your splitter, but you might want to see if some of your neighbors have security cameras, maybe SOMETHING caught someone. I find it hard to believe that nobody saw anything. Call your local news station and tell them about it, they might run a story. Hit up any place (like others have mentioned) that might run into someone trying to off load a splitter cheaply. I'm sure that the dic head that did this just needs to quick cash for meth or something...

...and when you do find 'em, maybe you can test out the crushing force that splitter of yours makes... :censored:

M.

Last edited:
That really sucks man. Beautiful splitter. Seems like insurance should cover more than that. Do you still have receipts for everything?
I was going to mention (more for others reading this)they have extremely hardened chains (pricey per link) and massive locks around 25.00each that bolt cutters won't touch. The locks maybe with two men working some huge cutters, but there's ways to weld shields on things so bolt cutters can't be used. On the otherhand a concrete saw with the right blade will chew anything but at least you can slow em down. Far as cameras go those game cameras would work good-maybe build a birdhouse for a disguise/protection. Also, out of sight out of mind is a good defense too. Sorry man I feel your pain as similar happened to me.

That really does suck, I feel for you. Several years ago guys were going around stealing contractors tools, we had a whole 20' storage box emptied. Sort of feels like you got kicked in the **** and they didn't stop until your chest.

There are some serious chains and locks out there, but usually they are more secure than the thing you lock them to.

If you have one of those fancy phones that can go on the net, I am pretty sure you can set up that craigslist search to email you every new Logsplitter ad that posts. A friend of mine buys and sells, and has something like that set up so he gets the email almost the same time it goes on craigslist.

Best of luck finding them.

If you were closer, I'd let you borrow my splitter, but RI is little far for that.

That really does suck, I feel for you. Several years ago guys were going around stealing contractors tools, we had a whole 20' storage box emptied. Sort of feels like you got kicked in the **** and they didn't stop until your chest.

There are some serious chains and locks out there, but usually they are more secure than the thing you lock them to.

If you have one of those fancy phones that can go on the net, I am pretty sure you can set up that craigslist search to email you every new Logsplitter ad that posts. A friend of mine buys and sells, and has something like that set up so he gets the email almost the same time it goes on craigslist.

Best of luck finding them.

If you were closer, I'd let you borrow my splitter, but RI is little far for that.

Good call about the auto-notifier, here is the web site: http://heycraigapp.com/

Fill it out with your email and log splitter at the top of the form and everytime something comes up with that in the title you'll get an email. Might be helpful! Good luck and I hope you find these rat-bastards!

Max

thanks a bunch guys. insurence is working on it. just hope they put in consideration the amount of time i have into it and all the things like that. i did talk to my neighbors. one saw everything for the most part. its an older guy (very nice) bog was barking so he looked out and saw a small truck-van backed up in my driveway and was hooling the splitter up. didnt think much of it becasue i have a a few friends that i let use it. he said it was right befor noon when they snached it. i have been taking a different street home every day now and also going through a few others each day looking for it, i check e-bay every few hours and same with c-list, stoped at a bunch of houses telling them whats up and should be on the look out for there stuff and for my splitter. So for the most part i sit and wait to hear from the insurence man, i have already started collecting stuff for a new splitter, but really dont want to make another. once again thanks a lot guys for keeping a look out. oh. i live in Cedar Rapids iowa. City life is not for me but thats where the $ is at right now.

I'd be madder than hell too!

I hate thieves with a passion! The worst part is it's somebody that knows what a good splitter is worth and has seen yours before, and knew it was worth the hassle to swipe, so it's likely somebody ya know.

Put an ad in the local shopper "Wanted- good woodsplitter price negotiable".
You might be surprised... it's worked before.

I hope ya get it back!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

:agree2: and that's a REALLY great idea to place the advertisement!! :clap:

Hate to hear about your bad luck, I haven't been locking mine either, it's homemade also. I think I'll start locking it up now!
I think all splitter thieves should have a fair trial before their HUNG!!

I missed your original post. That was one fine splitter! Bummer.

Hopefully the thief will lose an arm using it. Wait, in this country now he could probably sue you. :mad:

That truly sucks. I just perused Minneapolis CL for you, and will continue to as often as I can. I had my little MS170 ripped off out of my shed a couple months back, and while it wasn't worth turning in to insurance, I've kept a good watch on CL and local pawnshops for it. I doubt it will ever turn up, though. Probably gathering dust in some SOB's garage.

That really sucks....One thing I can't stand is a thief.If you find him nail his balls to a stump and push him over backwards.

That really sucks....One thing I can't stand is a thief.If you find him nail his balls to a stump and push him over backwards.

i was thinking more on the line of nailing his balls on a round and showing him how the splittler works...

yeah then your in jail, again not using your splitter.....

Take a wheel off, or both if it there for a while, that's what I do with my trailer, neighbors assume it's busted which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

coupling to a hitch is a minor inconvenience at most, they wrap it in rope and make off enough to deal with it later, a friend of mine had a car trailer swiped even with a trailer cop on it.

Latest posts

Back