Only 3 Chainsaws Left

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Funny how as time goes by, life changes, and you can tend to change directions. :)

At one point I had nearly 125 chainsaws in all different states of repair. About half of them actually ran and would cut wood. Most were parts saws, that were purchased for a certain part to cannibalize to make another saw of the same make and model run. I started unloading the parts saws about 5 years ago. Then some of the runners started going away as well.

Last week I sold the last of the running saws I wanted to get rid of. An 028 Super. Sad to see it go, as it was a good little saw... but my focus is no longer on chain saws. It's on my other hobbies. Hunting, fishing, and building hot rods. My new wife and I enjoy all 3 of those hobbies together. :) Sorry I never listed any on here for sale. I just didn't want to bother with shipping that many saws.

The only saws I have left are my Stihl 044, the Homelite 770G, and a McCulloch Super 250 that is still in pieces awaiting a rebuild/restore. It will be the last saw I rebuild for fun. I do have a 1920's drag saw that was my granfathers that I have to restore one of these days... but technically it's not a chainsaw. These are the only saws I'm going to keep. The 044 will need a top end rebuild soon... as it's got a gazillion BF of timber behind it. It's my primary saw for pretty much all my needs.

JJ... if you read this... I have some more 1/2" chain I would like to send to you. It's chipper chain. I know it's not the more desireable chisel... but hell... it's still 1/2" chain. I am clearing out my shop, so I can start another hot rod for a friend. Another pro street truck... then after that's done, the wife and I have to move into a smaller place until we find exactly what we need. The new place just isn't working out as we would have hoped. I can get the Super 250 up and running after the move. Let me know if you're interested in the chain. :)

Next year we will be on the road a lot. 2 trips to Yellowstone for camping, an elk hunt in Idaho, and possibly a moose hunt in BC. We are enjoying lots of salmon fishing, crabbing, and oysters in the PNW right now.

Anyhoo... hope this finds all of my AS buddies in good health and in good spirits on this 4th of July day. I may be out of the saw game for the most part... but I still lurk about in the shadows here and there. :)

Gary

Good luck in your other interests Gary, you do whatever makes you (and the missus) happy.

If saws have served their purpose and it's time for a change it's all good.

Cheers!

Dan

Hi Gary,

I sure hope having too many chainsaws wasn't the reason for a 2nd wife or I am in trouble!

Glad you will still be lurking here...take care.

So, what type gas mix goes in those hotrods? Sorry old pal, couldn't resist. 'Preciate all the help as I was learning. See you round here now and again... Take care.

Glad to see everything is working out for you Gary:beer:

Ya sold the 028? Whaddya gonna use now for mixin' drinks out there in the Great Pacific Northwest?

As a newb, I always enjoyed your comments and candor...., cuz you were the one with the balls to be sayin' what I was thinkin' (before I started pissin' off Gologit myself).:msp_wink:

Best o' luck as ya head on down the road.

:cheers:

Have fun with your endeavors,

Think we have all hit a wall with projects/addictions. My big "hobby" is putzing around the little farm. Landscaping, gardening and old tractors seem to take more of a front stage these days. Chainsaws are still a nice way to dole away a long winter but when the weather turns there seems to be little time left.

Yup there are a lot of worse ways to spend your time, but I can see the activities you describe as being wholly satisfying.

Do keep in touch.

Figures....makes millions off his own brand of 2cycle oil and moves on to fast cars:msp_sneaky:

Enjoy the hunting, it can be zen like and addicting. I am moving the other way. After 35 years of busting my balls chasing deer, ducks and elk, I am enjoying tinkering at a workbench more and more....easier on tired bones......understand intrests do change., makes life fun.

Back