Ontario Chainsaw Users

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a buddy that lives in burks falls. I just sent him a text to see if he might know. I'll let you know what he says
So my buddy got back to me this is what he said....

"Oh yes I know them, Gibby passed away a couple years ago, Frank is still there but dosent do anything with saws anymore but cut fire wood"

My buddy has told me stories about the shop they used to have. (Apparently there shop was in there house.) Sounded like the type of place I could of spent days in just looking around in amazement

I was at Stihl when the complaints from other dealers were coming in about not being able to compete with Gib , was kind of a sad situation as he did move a ton of product but he was pretty much selling at his cost so to be fair to other dealers in a large area who were effected by him the powers above pulled the plug after trying many times to get him to sell at a reasonable price as not to hurt others in business . Sometimes it just isn't fair .
He was a great guy and very knowledgeable about chainsaws .

I think I started a thread about the Chainsaw Brothers once upon a time, with pictures of Gibbs saws which he had by the cord.
Not sure what issue, but Canadian Geographic did an arcticle about them.
I bought a new 357 off him. On saturdays they were lined up 20 deep to buy stuff.
RIP Gibb (rest in Partners).
John

I was at Stihl when the complaints from other dealers were coming in about not being able to compete with Gib , was kind of a sad situation as he did move a ton of product but he was pretty much selling at his cost so to be fair to other dealers in a large area who were effected by him the powers above pulled the plug after trying many times to get him to sell at a reasonable price as not to hurt others in business . Sometimes it just isn't fair .
He was a great guy and very knowledgeable about chainsaws .

Stihl has certainly taken care of that inter dealer competition problem!

I did manage to find the issue of Canadian Geographic the article " Chainsaw Brothers". A column written by David Zimmer in the September / October 2001 issue.
I thought I would buy a back issue but that issue is one that is sold out.

Two years ago, I bought a South Bend lathe off of a guy in Thornhill. He must have had 75+ impeccably restored saws, from all eras. He also collected gas/diesel pumps and generators. I lost his number and address, anyone out there happen to know of him? He used to run a saw mill/ lumber yard in Kirby or Orono.

John.

Latest posts

Back