Ontario get together?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wismer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Alright here goes,

Lately it seems I have been meeting more and more people from Ontario here on AS.

Thought it might be neat to put some faces to some screen names, meet some friends, get out and run the saws and swap storys.

This is kind of a head count email, see if there is enough people from ontario, and see if any one is interested?

Any one on the boarders of another province such as Quebec who wanted to attend and didnt mind a little drive would be more than welcome, as well as Northern US, up-state (Buffalo New Yorkish) area.

so..... any takers?

take 'er easy guys

Craig.

I might be game depends on where and how far a drive. Im in Sudbury. I would drive 3 hours but any more and I don't know.

Last edited:
count me in depending upon date-I work every other weekend, damn continental shift.I'm in the Guelph K-W area,pretty much anywhere is good for myself.

I am in Niagara, an hour south of toronto.

I guess it would have to be at a centralized location. What is central for all of us?

Craig

Yes good idea. I don't know when is a good time. I had thought I would send this out as a heads up and take a count of people interested and then maybe think about it in the spring? It's getting a little cool and nasty out, especially farther north, but what do you all think?

Craig

Spring is likely a good time, getting close to the holidays, then were in the dead of winter for a couple months, Don't know if you have a location in mind, but I might me able to offer up a central location near Ottawa. I'm About 1.5 hours from the US border, and kind of half way between Quebec and Southern Ont.

TW, how is it getting across and back now and with chainsaws in tow?

I hear you need a freaking passport and I cross over at Detroit area, used to run around Kitchener area in the good Ole days.

What part of Ont,Can is this going to be held at?

Is this going to be a race type gtg with cants or rounds or firewood cutting gtg?

cut4fun, I havent got around to getting my passport yet either. I kind of have the feeling that photo ID and birth certificate will still work. I have never had them even get out to look at the saws. Just tell them you are going to a chainsaw race and wear a Stihl or Husqvarna hat and you are good to go! course that is for a Canadian to get into the States; I dont know what kind of an examination they give to Merrycans coming this way, Lol! It definitley is nicer to hang around and gab if the weather is warmer. I have been to a few where we just cut hardwood firewood and some where we peeled and cut poplar rounds. It does make a difference in what kind of chains you want to run.

I have been to a few where we just cut hardwood firewood and some where we peeled and cut poplar rounds. It does make a difference in what kind of chains you want to run.
Yes it does, last gtg was shag bark hickory, off the reel work chains was all I took. The Ohio gtg coming up is another work chain only.
Need to have a racing gtg soon............:cheers:,
so the race chains can earn their keep.

What part of Ont,Can is this going to be held at?

Is this going to be a race type gtg with cants or rounds or firewood cutting gtg?

Haven't got nearly that far yet. Timberwolf offered up a spot near ottawa, which would be pretty central. First we need to get an idea of what central is to all of us though, and then figure out what members have room to host us, if they are willing.

Cut4fun, I don't know, I personally have no experience racing but if alot of people are into it, it could be a racing gtg, or both

No boarder trouble either, just worth mentioning that it is just a fun lumberjack chainsaw event not a "race", otherwise when you cross back over they get asking about prise money. I suppose you would need to claim that to keep the tax man happy.

yep!!!!

cut4fun, I havent got around to getting my passport yet either. I kind of have the feeling that photo ID and birth certificate will still work. I have never had them even get out to look at the saws. Just tell them you are going to a chainsaw race and wear a Stihl or Husqvarna hat and you are good to go! course that is for a Canadian to get into the States; I dont know what kind of an examination they give to Merrycans coming this way, Lol! It definitley is nicer to hang around and gab if the weather is warmer. I have been to a few where we just cut hardwood firewood and some where we peeled and cut poplar rounds. It does make a difference in what kind of chains you want to run.

Photo ID and Birthcertificate still good,,, just used it

Latest posts

Back