Oooops!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geez

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Learned a lesson today, uh huh. Went out and did chores before heading of to work at 5:30 this morning. Noticed the ash needed cleaning out so I did a hurry up job. Loaded her up and headed out.
The wife calls at about 10:30 and asked if I knew I left the lower blower/ash door open. Nope, I says, just close it. She says she did but it looks like water had blown out the vent pipe and the temp gauge says 240! :jawdrop:
Well, she shut the blowers down, ran all the hot water she could and cranked the heat up to draw the temp down as best she could. By the time I got home half the water was gone. I don't see any damage but I'll keep watching.
Can something like that cause any serious problems or am I worrying about nothing? If nothing else it did a nice job of burning off the creosote. :laugh:

Well your not the first and I bet you won't be the last!!!
Depends on how much water boiled out as to whether much damage is done.
I haven't gotten mine that hot tho.

You'll get a hot shower at the least! LOL! I doubt it did any damage unless you lost a bunch of water and don't refill.

Hat's off to open system boilers! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back