Opinions Co Dominant Trunk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LNG24

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
OK Guys, What to do, What to do.

I have three trees that I would like to keep.

1) In the deck (I didn'd put it there) See pics

2) In the yard. (could have be solved in the early days, what about now)

3) I am filling in under the front half of the pine tree. Its a very wet area. Do you see any problems with filling it in to level. (top of the stones I placed in front) Back half will remain at existing grade.

Last edited:
Ok the tree on the deck .What kind is it ? If it is shade tree that will get large I would probably remove .The other tree (oak?)looks like it should not be problem far enough away from the house .I would think that you would be Ok just putting dirt in front of the spruce tree just be care full you dont make a pond around the tree . Hey you might want to have someone come out and give all your trees a look over seems like you got some question that would be better looked at in person .

The deck tree looks like it could be a problem in the future. Looks kinda like a silver maple. If that is the case it will be a problem pretty soon as they grow fast. As far as the fill on the other tree, it may tollerate it, but it won't be the best for the tree. It has grown up in a wet situation and seems healthy. Unless you have a real problem with the wetness I would just leave it be.

Thanks guys,

The Spurce will stay wet, the water comes from the clay and I will not be able to stop it with the fill on top of it, I am trying to redirect surface water away from the yard by filling it over the roots.

The tree in the deck have been there since I bought the house and looks like it was there for a long time, but the branches are getting on the roof so I have to cut them back this week before they bloom. Its a shame when I do have to get rid of that because I have no way of re planting there and I'll just have to put a fountain there or something as the deck is built around it.

tree in deck needs right half reduced. can you post closeUp pics of the fork, and one of the base of the tree?

Latest posts

Back