Opinions Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go for it. Make dang sure it is adjusted/tuned properly. I roached mine running it too hard with the too lean stock factory carb setting when it was new. Main reason I joined here and started learning more about chainsaws. All it needed was like an 1/8th or a 1/4 turn out richer and it would have been OK, just..EPA issues I guess. And it does have tab limiters on the adjustment screws. Mine was set full rich to the tab limits..but still not enough.

Numerous threads on those saws in the chainsaw forum. They pull well, start as easy as any saw gets, and going by the reports, respond to mods well.(I'll be rebuilding mine this spring sometime) If the seller will go for it, pull the muffler and make sure it isn't showing damage to the piston and cylinder first.

I have the cs680 if it's anything like that saw go for it...I love the dang thing. great starter and runs well, i even run a 32" bar on mine and she'll get the job done....get it and put a 20" bar on er and you'll never look back great saws....

I cannot comment on the saw, but have some input on the bar length. I have found if your around 6ft tall a 24 inch bar is almost perfect for your height. It is long enough for a guy to stand up-rite and still reach logs and branches on or at ground level without bending over all the time. This makes one hell of a difference on a days worth of cutting. Your back will thank you. 24 inches is also long enough to cut some decent sized rounds without having to switch sides and double cut. Remember just because its a 20 or 24 inch bar you will not get a full 20 or 24 inch cut, rather say 17 and 21 inch cut. Lastly 24 is not so long a bar you cannot carry and wield the saw without hitting everything while cutting, you still have good control. I run one on my Dolmar and will not go back to a shorter bar, probably ever. Just some food for thought

Darn good saw! Have had one for about a year now and would certainly buy another if I needed one. Every bit the equal to my Stihl 360 Pro. As Zogger posted, pull those limiters on the carb so it can be tuned proper and it will live a long time.

So SS 396 driver, what car do you have? I have an all original 1970 Chevelle SS 396, bought it when I was 17, more years ago than I care to admit to. It had 17,000 miles when I bought it and has a little over 48,000 now. I have owned it since 1974. It only ever had snow on the tires a few times and spent almost it's entire life in a garage.

So SS 396 driver, what car do you have? I have an all original 1970 Chevelle SS 396, bought it when I was 17, more years ago than I care to admit to. It had 17,000 miles when I bought it and has a little over 48,000 now. I have owned it since 1974. It only ever had snow on the tires a few times and spent almost it's entire life in a garage.

1966 here is a thread in the readers rides
http://www.arboristsite.com/readers-rides/189480.htm

Back