Opinions, keep Makita 6401 or Husqvarna 272?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked up a 272 at the first of the year and I won't be cutting any firewood until fall, unless we have storm damage. I chopped some cedar up for the neighbor and it seems to be a nice saw. I've always been impressed with my 6401, but I don't need both. I'd say the Makita has better isolation and is very smooth. The biggest downfall with it, it can be a pain to start some times. It's difficult to hear the first pop sometimes, and I think I flood it. The 272 is certainly easier to start. The other thing, tuning the Makita is difficult with the limited coil. Short and long term, I think parts are cheaper for the 272. Last, I've got a new 30 inch bar to set on either saw for when the silver maple falls in the front yard. Thoughts?

Keep the 272 if its in nice cond, good comp etc. Its a better saw to start with and still tons of parts available for it. I just bought a 266se last year and really like it.

Keep the 272 if its in nice cond, good comp etc. Its a better saw to start with and still tons of parts available for it. I just bought a 266se last year and really like it.
This is a nice 272 and so is the 6401. I had a 266 and 262 parts of the CAD program. Both went to AS members and they were very well built saws.

Back