Opps!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do a lot of work for the power companies. You know what a three phase is correct. All three lines are not even carrying the same voltage or frequency and sometimes one is a ground. To generate an arc a hot usually has to come in contact with a ground or different frequency of electricity. So the rope to get a good surge of electricity would have to cross two of the phases.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ftbl5m

Sorry but I have never heard anyone be so wrong when trying to describe power lines. The real question is Do YOU really what three phase is? All three lines will have current in them the VOLTAGE will be very close to the same. The CURRENT my differ, and there dosen't have to be a NEUTRAL. Frequency!!! Really! Do your power lines also emit radio stations. While you may trim power line r.o.w. you dont seem to know much about the lines!

keep posting pics of you doing pine trees with a crane. thats what they train people on spruce and pine. no slinging skill their son. and i wouldn't even show up to a job site with the equipment in your pics that ####s embarrassing. i guess an old truck like that can only pull a chipper that size tho. so i can see why you got such a baby chipper. i really like when you post a picture of yourself makes me feel good. knowing someone that looks like you is out their.

Well I know you aint a c.a. cause that fir looks nothing like a spruce or pine. I just like to bust yer balls little guy settle down. Love that ya bash on my equipment, you'll always be a little guy no amount of money will change that. Keep posting pics of that coon we are all so entharalled.

Well I know you aint a c.a. cause that fir looks nothing like a spruce or pine. I just like to bust yer balls little guy settle down. Love that ya bash on my equipment, you'll always be a little guy no amount of money will change that. Keep posting pics of that coon we are all so entharalled.

No I'm not a C.A i have 2 employed. we only do removals. we don't even advertise pruning on our mailing lists. you don't get a large amount of money from not knowing anything either. you can't prove to anyone that I'm a little guy but when i turn the little guy thing to you its just to easy.

But per your request. heres the picture of the coon.

coon.jpg

coon2.jpg

Sorry but I have never heard anyone be so wrong when trying to describe power lines. The real question is Do YOU really what three phase is? All three lines will have current in them the VOLTAGE will be very close to the same. The CURRENT my differ, and there dosen't have to be a NEUTRAL. Frequency!!! Really! Do your power lines also emit radio stations. While you may trim power line r.o.w. you dont seem to know much about the lines!

Please enlighten him before he cooks his crew. How he has gotten this far is amazing to me.

I'll buy you hooked on phonics, your posts are very hard to understand PM me your address and I'll send it to you. Then maybe it will also help you comprehend mine since I basically said the same thing about three different times.

You have to be able to read and write to pass the test, so your kind of excluded out of the gates here. Better luck next time.
---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fhz3dn

Last edited:
Then maybe it will also help you comprehend mine since I basically said the same thing about three different times.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fhz3dn

Really? You BASICALLY said the same thing!!! HOW!!! You were talking about frequency! That has nothing to do with power lines. What is your problem anyway, someone proves you wrong so you have to turn it into a personal attack. Nice try with the hooked on phonics thing though that was almost funny!

I know gotta make you wonder what your doing wrong?

Nah, just reaffirms that if a d-bag like you and yer sidekick aa mason can make it i got nothing to worry about. Stay safe ya cocky little bastard.
---

You have already missed your chance tho what are you almost 40? How far are you gonna make it before retirement? I got 40 more to go and am already makin you look like a weekend warrior.

Keep pullin in that big 2g's a day and your great grand kids won't catch me. You gotta turn up the heat a little.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wuym2z

Last edited:
I don't like to break anything, and I feel I am pretty cool under pressure. I didn't panic from the accident its self. Was concerned for my my groundman. He thought it was his fault and wouldn't let go of the rope still trying to save it. When it started to roll back, I couldn't beleave it, my saw was still running and I cut it off the stump as it was falling backwards so it wouldn't hang up and energize the tree I was gaffed into.
After screaming for the groundmen to stop pullin the rope and let it go, I picked a fast and safe escape route out of that tree. It arced and boomed twice, I was blinded and deaf seeing the flash everywhere I looked. When I touched the ground almost beneath the wires and put 30 feet between me and the tree and wires, I could hear sirens, everything seemed secure, no one was hurt, that's when I thought, this is all my fault. I could of prevented this, it shouldn't of happened, that is when I started panicking. I think I was so ashamed that is why I bailed. I did call the guy who hired me and got him down there.
I sent that dude(the landscaper)texts and an email telling him how dangerous these trees were, over the weekend.. Told him there was no area for error. The first day I had 3 of his guys on the rope. That friday no one showed up, I called and was told to do the best I can.
I only had a few more tops to take out then his guys could do the rest. The branches were from old topping cuts and several of them were 30 ft tall almost straight up but branching out towards the primary's. those pieces were skinny and easily pulled over. I brought two double pulleys just for this piece. The groundman didn't know how to use them or tie a truckers hitch, I would of had to come out of the tree set it up then climb back up there. That my friends is what I should of did.
In the end the power company came out and removed the limb and it wasn't that big of a deal to them. The company may yet have to pay for the emergency response. The owner of this company still wants me to do all his work(trimming and removals) I have worked with some great guys and company's, this isn't one of them. But he is paying really good.
I am going Saturday to finish, I guess I have to climb back up on that horse. I own limited equipment, the business owner none Part of me just wants to walk away from this miserable job. But in is in my nature to finish what I start.
Just for the record, I am not certified to work around HV, I have a healthy respect and fear of HV lines I have been juiced throw a rope, I had the bottom of my boots blown out when a crane got energized. I use to have a friend who had both hands blown off and another who died in a bucket in the HV lines I know enough to know it's nothen to play with that HV

Damn Beasty, glad ur ok, would be pissed at u if you were not around when I get there, I still wanna go fishing!:cheers:

I was taught only one thing about HV, "STAY THE PHUCK AWAY FROM THEM" So I always have.
A long time ago, we had a emergency call, tree was slowly uprooting and going right towards HV, the power company drug their feet and we where trying to get it down far enough to clear the lines, if it let go, well we didn't make it. I knew that it was going to hit before they got there and we backed out and watched, it got to that point where it finally just let go and it nailed a pole with transformers on it. All kinds aof pretty colors. When it hit the pole it also hit a tension wire and pulled on the whole line of poles, like 5 or 6, all of them had a lean towards the pole that was hit. Took out the power for several blocks, in the middle of a hot summer, IN DA HOOD, AND I MEAN THE HOOD! Locals came out to see what killed thier stolen AC unit and seen us, it got ugly and we had to call the cops. We tried explaining to the peeps we didnt do anythng to cause it, but theydidnt care, they wanted to lynch someone. Cops came, made sure we got out of there ok. They wanted me to go back and get the tree once it was safe, no thanks. I like my hubcaps.

Last edited:
You have to get use to it if you want money$$ or keep messing with backyard trees over a gutter or some other no challenge tree that every other tree guy with a saddle and saw can take down. However far you wanna take it I guess. I'm not good with cutting trees down for a thousand or two. I got bigger fish to fry. Lol

Damn yer such a d-bag. Keep posting pics of coons and little k-booms , while peasants like me make 2g's a day doing real tree work. Suck it little guy!
---

Lol.. I bet that coon has bigger balls than its owner!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Not going to call someone to bail you out!!!???:dizzy: May I point out just how un-American that paradigm is?

But we are not talking about corrupt investment banks, we are talkin about a single man in a life or death situation. Jeez, if you got a branch laying across the 3 phase then call the dam people who are trained and equipt to handle it.

I am a state licensed Journeyman Electrician with 15 years experience and am very aware of the dangers. The reason I did not go in to the removal aspect is because I don't want to give info that an untrained inexpreienced person may try and get killed. I have alot of respect for electrical power and do not recomend anyone mess with it and or for that matter go anywhere near it, .5 mili amps is all it takes to stop your heart. I still have equipment from my previous career and dont recomend anyone try clearing any line unless you are properly trained. Call the proper authorities, take your lumps and live to see another day.:msp_rolleyes:

Dude, like , uhh yer like the worst speller out of us all.

That's funny. I think a lot of treeguys suck at spelling.

I still laugh about the time a local owner gave a buddy of mine a work order that said "takedown one Blue Sprouse", or something like that. I'm sure some serious ass busting came after that one!! I was behind a guy at the dump one time that signed the ledger "Akron Tree".. lol, was supposed to be "Acorn". I mean it was right on the door, for christ's sake!! Another guy walked off a job and left a note that said "I quiet".

When I have work to do around wires I tell the client to call the electric company and say " I am having some work done, the wires need to be covered, thank you"

Of course you can make the call but it was easier for me to have the client do it. The power company really doesn't want fried people or damage to fix. They will cover the wires, they have to, its part of their " thing".

Latest posts

Back