osburn stove top temp too hot?

• Thread starter Deleted member 116684
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 116684

I have an osburn 2200 insert and the cook top (under the top decorative piece) gets up to 700 to 750 and stays that way for a while. It hasn't gotten over that and usually is around 550 to 650, but sometimes it gets hotter. Is 750 too high? I see no signs of over firing, just kinda worried. My wood is well seasoned, at least one year and up to four years. Any body have any info or similar setup?

I don't have an osburn insert but I do have a Drolet Escape 1800 which is made under the same parent company (SBI) as osburn. I'm going on the 4th season with it and its running at the 600-650°F range for the first few hours of every burn since I've started using it. That's with a magnetic temp gauge front and center on the stovetop. I have another mag temp gauge on the stove pipe 10" above the outlet and that usually runs around 300°F. The stove shows no signs of breaking down or being abused. I'd expect a insert to run a little hotter due to being in an enclosure. If your still in doubt call SBI there tech support is supposed to be helpful.

Latest posts

Back