Our firewood set up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02powerstroke

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This is our setup we are making camp wood to sell to the campers at our campground. All the wood is from dead fall that needed to be cut down or stuff that came down in storms.

1216091603a.jpg

1216091602a.jpg

1216091556a.jpg

jpeg_reencoded.jpg

this was early this fall I will get some more of our spilters, saws and the masive split pile we have :givebeer:

Just curious what you charge your campers for the wood, and are they allowed to bring thier own wood if they choose?

Very NICE!!

Are you running a processor or running old school?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Just curious what you charge your campers for the wood, and are they allowed to bring thier own wood if they choose?

we were selling this http://www.ravenfirewood.com/premium_hardwood.htm

for $6.50 a bag I'm not sure what the boss is going to charge for our stuff. We let people bring there own but were stoping that because we had an invasion of beetles that apparently are not native?

You were getting $6.50 a .75 cubic foot bag? What caliber were you using?:jawdrop:

touristland USA man. We dident even mark it up i think a buck or a buck and half a bag. thats why we are doing our own now.

The prices are :dizzy:, someone is making out on this setup.

If you don't have any invest in PPE, one pic has someone cutting without any.

Stay safe.

Looks like you are proving P.T. Barnum correct. I'm envious of the market that you have found, wish I could find something like that locally.

we will sell out of two 75 bag pallets on a week end. Just the shippping to get it here from Canada is insane. We get it 20 pallets at a time so do the math.

Looks like you are proving P.T. Barnum correct. I'm envious of the market that you have found, wish I could find something like that locally.

He has eye and ear protection on. I personally where chaps but he dose not.

So campers can't bring in own wood but your having it shipped in from Canada. Do you think Canada is not having a bug problem.

You should look into local markets in your area, there are plenty of local wood sources that I'm sure would love to get in on this.

Ahhh I'm just tired and sick of the way the economy is run in general. I'm stepping off the :angrysoapbox:.

So campers can't bring in own wood but your having it shipped in from Canada. Do you think Canada is not having a bug problem.

You should look into local markets in your area, there are plenty of local wood sources that I'm sure would love to get in on this.

Ahhh I'm just tired and sick of the way the economy is run in general. I'm stepping off the :angrysoapbox:.

People can buy local we just ask if there from out of our area not to bring wood unless its bug free.

If a bug can survive going threw a kiln and then living in a sealed plastic bag and making it here that's a tough bug. But yes are local economy is being helped by us doing are own wood. keeps 3 guys working all winter. chain sharping guy busy ect.

Last edited:
Is the no outside firewood policy also in effect at other area campgrounds? Just thinking that spending $25 vs bringing a few logs from home could be a deciding factor for some folks, especially in this economy

Is the no outside firewood policy also in effect at other area campgrounds? Just thinking that spending $25 vs bringing a few logs from home could be a deciding factor for some folks, especially in this economy

yeah the state park did the same thing for the same reason as we did they lost TONS of trees.

Latest posts

Back