Our "Summer" So Far

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, It's not the norm. It used to be one could actually expect to see the sun occasionally in July.
As of the middle of June we had broke 95 inches of rain for the year. I haven't checked lately but I'm sure we are well beyond a 100" by now.
My strawberries are roting on the vine and my corn is three inches high. The brush is growing by leaps and bounds though, grass too.

your right. your a little n & w of me . prob get socked in a little harder. we had a dry 4th now it's payback. and acording to the powers that be it's fire season allready. and we will prob have a hot dry fall.

Must be nice. I'm moving there when I graduate again :laugh:

tx_dm.png

palmer_drought_720x486.jpg

Last edited:
We have a few damp days this week, today included. The rainfall figures came in for the 2010/11 rainfall year ending June 30th. They show 82 inches at the Crescent City Harbor station, 123% of normal. It seems the rain starts sooner, ends later. Average temps have been running 4-6 degrees cooler, it took longer for the sea temps to rise too. I want to move to Weott.

Well that chart set me straight. I "thought' I was plain azz wet. But I now know I'm just extremely "moist":biggrin:

Noticed today on the way in to work that a bunch of (non-native) black locust trees planted in my neighborhood are beginning to turn yellow. It certainly isn't due to drought, so I can only guess that the trees have decided that it's Fall already.

Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Nor any drop to drink.

- Sam Coleridge

Have you noticed that the water gets absorbed straight through your skin too? While you are working whole day in the rain, you don't need to drink a drop, yet you need piss all the time.

And all the boards did shrink;
Nor any drop to drink.

- Sam Coleridge

Have you noticed that the water gets absorbed straight through your skin too? While you are working whole day in the rain, you don't need to drink a drop, yet you need piss all the time.

Um, not really.

My upside down tomato plants are turning yellow and not looking so good. I think I shall plant more lettuce.

Heard on KOMO TV that we've had 78 minutes of 80 degree temps so far this summer. That's it. That's for the Seattle area.

Managed to get myself a weather sticker. I'm learning.

You PNW people don't have to worry about sunburns or skin cancer or dehydration. Just remember to take your vitamin D and you'll be alright.

Managed to get myself a weather sticker. I'm learning.

You PNW people don't have to worry about sunburns or skin cancer or dehydration. Just remember to take your vitamin D and you'll be alright.

Actually, I hear we do get a lot of skin cancer because we tend to run out in a hurry to be in the sun, without hats or sunscreen or whatever...I know I do.

How do you do a weather sticker? I want one. Please.

We left the coast early this morning in a heavy mist, light rain started at the tunnel. By the time we hit the Illinois Valley it was full on rain, that lasted to Wonder, Grants Pass was mostly dry. The drive home was nice, fluffy clouds, warm sun. We got a third of an inch overnight, my lawn is shin deep, it should be dry and brown by now. Looks like it is drying up for my workweek.

Castlerock is still green instead of bird poop grey.

2168.jpg

So far this summer hasn't been quite as hot as last summer. It's getting back into the upper 90s again. I would love to have summer time temps in the 70s for the most part. I wouldn't start sweating at 5:30 in the morning walking into work.:msp_thumbdn:

Back