Out of commission 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihltheOne

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well, now I wait. I had my meniscus fixed friday. I can hardly wait to get back to the wood pile.........

Well, the upside is it's fixed and the mend is on.

How long before you have normal use of knee ?

Tore up my left almost two years ago cutting in slash.
Did shots and PT for couple of months. Tied flies, read alot of books....
Use is ok.

Winter is as good a time as any to do it, if you're going to.

Here's to a fast recovery.

best of luck to ya!

let it heal correctly,that is the most important thing.

My original plan was to go back to work an wed. I own a detail shop. I think that I may go in, but..... I dont think that the ol knee will be up for much.
I think that I set some kind of record at the hospital, in at 7:15 for prep, left the hospital at 11:30 and went to taco johns for lunch. I told my wife that I should be back to cutting by next weekend, she gave me that look though.

My original plan was to go back to work an wed. ......
she gave me that look though.

Hmmm,

was that a "flying daggers" look, or

"your saws won't be where you left them" look ?

The other option is preemption. Just move into the outside dog house.

Seriously, sounds like the op went well. That's good to hear.

Hmmm,

was that a "flying daggers" look, or

"your saws won't be where you left them" look ?

The other option is preemption. Just move into the outside dog house.

Seriously, sounds like the op went well. That's good to hear.

Sounds more like that "Why did I marry a guy with sawdust for brains" look.....

I had my right meniscus repaired back in 03. Eventually, I'll have to get a new joint installed, but I can get by pretty well most of the time. That sucker hurt like hell with the tear in it. Thank goodness for Vicodin or I'd have never gotten my lot cleared to build my new house. Those shots of synthetic joint fluid were a waste of time and money for me.

Steve

Yeah it was the ol sawdust for brains look. Man, I have never been hurt before,... I really want to get back at things, I have 4 cords of logs sitting just outside of my window, would have been a beauty of a day to cut. Instead i was cooped up inside, only been two days and I am going through some serious withdrawls. Not only that, I feel like I went through a knot hole, spread eagle backward. Matters worse, no beer for my while on these meds.

I am hangin' with you guys!!! Broke my right femur in about 10 pieces and had to have it all bolted, plated, and pinned back together! The doc said it could be up to 12 weeks before I get any walking in which is a bummer. It has only been about 4 week and it feels like an eternity.

The funny part is I did not know the wife was so good at bringin in wood and keepin the stove stoked!!!!

I even snuck in a couple beers during the race yesterday even though its a nono!!!!

I do not have pix, I really do not want any reminders. heheheh
The general idea here is that it is really better to chill for a while. I feel like that is good advise, I would not have done that at all if it were not for the good advice. What does the Dr. know, right? I believe you guys.

Best of luck to you, I know there is nothing worse than being tore up and itchin to do a little work. I busted all my toes on my right leg some years ago, and i thought I was never going to get out of that house.Limped around and looked at all the work needing to be done outdoors and just made it worse.
Stay off of it, and amuse yourself by posting here!
Baileys makes for a good read, lots of pages on that website to drool over.

I am hangin' with you guys!!! Broke my right femur in about 10 pieces and had to have it all bolted, plated, and pinned back together! The doc said it could be up to 12 weeks before I get any walking in which is a bummer. It has only been about 4 week and it feels like an eternity.

The funny part is I did not know the wife was so good at bringin in wood and keepin the stove stoked!!!!

I even snuck in a couple beers during the race yesterday even though its a nono!!!!
if your on meds--please dont---tooo many things can go wrong---

I took a walk outside to the woodpile today!! I have been haulin wood to the stove from outside since the 3rd day after the knee fix! I actually went back to work the tues after the surgery, light duty, but working. I think that one more week and I will go do some cutting, for therapy!! I have to refill that area between my ears with sawdust!!

I took a walk outside to the woodpile today!! I have been haulin wood to the stove from outside since the 3rd day after the knee fix! I actually went back to work the tues after the surgery, light duty, but working. I think that one more week and I will go do some cutting, for therapy!! I have to refill that area between my ears with sawdust!!

Good to hear it's on the mend.

Does the knee have full motion yet ?

Stay safe.

Yeah the ol knee bone has full movement, 140 degress plus of bend. That was 5 days post op. I figure that means that I can run my saw now eh? I will take it easy, and just use my 5100 for a while. The 660 will just have to sit and watch for a while.Most people are amazed at how well it is going, but I simply tell them, I am self employed, no sick leave, no workers comp, no vacation pay. I work I eat. Amazing how that speeds up the healing. There was a 24 year ol girl that had hers done by the same surgeon, right after mine, she is still on crutches, no working, nothing. Difference is, she is employed by the hopsital, has all the benifits I just mentioned, so why hurry, right. Sorry I had to vent.

I hear ya. No work, no eat.

Glad to hear the knee is at 140.

Carefully get it to full bend and never look back.

The 24 yo, isn't using good judgement for the long haul.

Ok, now to a more serious topic.....

Don't let that spring snow storm out of Wyo !!!

Lee

Back