OUTDOOR Wood/Coal Furnace Reviews/Experience--Please post here...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing to search for is Wood Gasifier Outdoor Furnance.

As these type stoves burn much less wood.

They basically have two burn chambers, one chamber to smolder the wood the other is a ceramic chamber that they burn the smoldering smoke gases at like 2000 degrees hardly any emissions and hardly as much wood used.

Love mine...

I have been running a Central Boiler CL5648 for 9 years now to make domestic hotwater and heat 2750 sf of living space and my shop (two separate structures) and love it. I burn 6-8 cord of miscellaneous wood a season; all free wood or wood I was paid to drop and remove. I would like it to be more efficient, but have no intentions of upgrading it anytime soon. I have made some modifications to the boiler and adapted an Arduino to monitor the jacket temperature and email me if it drops below a preset threshold, enabling me avoid my fire ever going out accidentally; of particular concern during those coldest periods.

disappointed with mine

after researching outdoor wood boilers in my area of Tenn. i went with a local manufacturer 35 miles away in Shelbyville Tn. called Tn Outdoor Furnaces, That he calls THE HOSS , as far as cost he was about the middle of all of them , he talked good seamed like he made sence , so i bought it in Dec of 2010 , i installed my self burried the 1" pex pipe about 24" deep and the 20"x20" heat exchanger into the supply line of the central system . in a 100 yr old home that recently had all new vinyl replacement windows installed and a new tin roof , added to the attic insulation , under pinned the crawl space plastic curtians , 2 negetives with the house are 12' high ceilings and i'm sure no wall insulation . he claimed this unit would heat a 4000 sq ft building , my house is 2300 , went then outside temp drops below 40 degrees the unit does not recover to the set temp witch mine is set at 155 , it will burn a load of wood in 7 to 8 hours with a water temp 90 degrees, after several complaints to the manufacturer he has very poor customer service and wont even come by to see if i'm doin sumthin wronge

disappointed with mine

after researching outdoor wood boilers in my area of Tenn. i went with a local manufacturer 35 miles away in Shelbyville Tn. called Tn Outdoor Furnaces, That he calls THE HOSS , as far as cost he was about the middle of all of them , he talked good seamed like he made sence , so i bought it in Dec of 2010 , i installed my self burried the 1" pex pipe about 24" deep and the 20"x20" heat exchanger into the supply line of the central system . in a 100 yr old home that recently had all new vinyl replacement windows installed and a new tin roof , added to the attic insulation , under pinned the crawl space plastic curtians , 2 negetives with the house are 12' high ceilings and i'm sure no wall insulation . he claimed this unit would heat a 4000 sq ft building , my house is 2300 , went then outside temp drops below 40 degrees the unit does not recover to the set temp witch mine is set at 155 , it will burn a load of wood in 7 to 8 hours with a water temp 90 degrees, after several complaints to the manufacturer he has very poor customer service and wont even come by to see if i'm doin sumthin wronge
We got one 2 years ago and have used it in Michigan got looking at the inside of it and the whole front door frame and the face plate the door sits in it has 4 cracks all the way to the water jacket.Has anybody else have this problem ?

Back