overhauled 034AV maden voyage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weisyboy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
just finished overhauling my 034AV yesterday and got a chance to try her out today.

i went out to the wood shed and pulled out some 7" x 2"&3" swamp cypress boards that i cut erilier this year.

so in 1 1/2 hour this arvo i cut

40m of 2" x 2"
34m of 3" x 2"
20m of 2" x 1"
4m of 3" x 3"

not to bad if i do say so myself and i am verry happy with the way she is running.

sorry no pics the camera dose not liek being outside for some reason.

some days you wonder if its worth going on.

the sirclit that holde the clutchdrum/sprocket on snaped in half today when i was half way threw a 22"shee oak slab and ofcorse i did not find out intill i had finished the slab. so the saw had been running at full revs with nothing holding the clutch drum on for over a minute.

the roller bearing bar throwen to bits alowing the drum to tilt on the shaft and it wore a fair way threw th oil pump underneath. i am waiting for it to cool so i can see the full damage.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

im lazy and didnt fel like rotating them.

so tool the clutc and all off and i need.

the geary thread thingy that drives the oil pump, clutch drum bearing, thrust washer and sirclip on outside of sproket ana a new sprocket. the oil pump has a 4mm deep gouge in it but it seams ok. i also need the rubery thing between te carby and the cylinder.

i will get prices when the shop opens tomorow but i might end up buying th 440 they have there second hand for $990.

what do u think:confused:

Seems too high to me.Should be able to get one alot cheeper than that.I bought a nice 066 on auction for 475.00.Too bad about your clutch.Never had a c-clip fail like that.:dizzy:

im lazy and didnt fel like rotating them.

so tool the clutc and all off and i need.

the geary thread thingy that drives the oil pump, clutch drum bearing, thrust washer and sirclip on outside of sproket ana a new sprocket. the oil pump has a 4mm deep gouge in it but it seams ok. i also need the rubery thing between te carby and the cylinder.

i will get prices when the shop opens tomorow but i might end up buying th 440 they have there second hand for $990.

what do u think:confused:

A second hand 440 for $990, thats a freakin rip off. I just sold my 066 that I completely gone through, new gaskets,seals,car, chain, bar, for $400. If its nice I should be like half that price.

Latest posts

Back