OWB and filter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkebxjunke

*Politically Incorrect*
Reaction score
Question... should you have a filter on the line to that runs to the OWB? what do you think?

Question... should you have a filter on the line to that runs to the OWB? what do you think?

Devils advocate time....

What are you aiming to protect? The tank? From what? Anything in the return line has already made it through any heat exchanger in the system.

What are you going to do in the event the filter clogs? (besides freeze)..

Happy Veteran's Day to all our fellow vets!!!! Remember with respect those who didn't come home.

Steve

I would, if you have a plate-type HX. Most hydrocoils have 3/4" and 1/2" distributor tubes in them. Is there a lot of minerals, etc. in your water?

no I am pretty sure there are not alot of minerals inour water but it is low in PH and can be a bit high in nitrates. I do not have any plate type HX at this time but I do have 2 tube type HX.
I was curious because I have seen the instructions for some setups show a filter in line and some do not. my house system is going to be an open system since there is no boiler at all and the OWB will be the main boiler.

Back