Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEAH!!!....Kevin & Randy.....

Kevin, will you be "Tenting" it as last time? Randy, back in the Redwoods again with Annie? (Your trail to the kitchen has been cleaned up to the width of the sitts marks)....:msp_ohmy:....Seriously though, we are glad you can make it. Wouldn't be the same without you vets!....:msp_thumbup:......Bob

Thanks for the

SMILE.....:rock:....Fraser! Other than the RAIN good things are happening here! "T" and I are headed over to PHILS SAW SHOP tomorrow to see the gang. Always a good time....:msp_wink: I'm going to drop off my 372 for a look. ( Maybe they can figure out why it dies in fear of Brian's.) They are planning to come again with the Hot Saws, Nitro and........:clap:....just as in the past! Got 10 yards of gravel to spread with my little T-Spoon tractor, a tree or two to drop, and some smoothing around to do but things are looking good! Still hoping to hear from a few more PNW GTGers about making it but we won't be lacking for good company as it stands.......:cheers:.........I am still suffering an advanced case of CAD......:dizzy:......added a Craftsman version 5020 and a CHERRY Homelite 540, Full wrap , 32" bar, extra chains and an 8800 top end that I had put on it a few years ago. Have been trying to get a Ryobi 46 something or other but none cheap enough yet!.......Will it ever end?......:popcorn: ??? Remember to PM me for information and so forth...........Bob

Last edited:
Back From Phil's........

:cool2: "T" and I had a GOOD TIME!.....May even have picked up an opponent for the WILD THING RACES. Usually I have had to supply the THINGS but if they come through with "a THINGIE" of their own it could be over for me! (or not).....:msp_sneaky: Also fussed with the 372 a bit but no definite answers. Going to use it to do the dropping and bucking of some additional GTG wood just to see if it will be allowed to come out to play! We are very close to being ready, are you?.....:cheers:.....Bob ( PM for details or questions )

Another PNW GTG!! I sure enjoyed the one at Bookerdogs place years ago, I may try and make this one!

ya bob I will be tenting it again heading to madsens today to get a few things. cant wait to see everyone again.
kevin

Great kevin.....

Any new saws? Can you bring that 2100? Need to keep Terry grounded!.............:msp_biggrin:......Oh, and did you ever get that back pack sprayer running?.....Bob

Well Jani and I will be there Friday prolly 1 ish. The 372 is well rested for some reason. Well see if we can rustle up some grub and a dead critter part that's edible always fun with great company.

I just go one of my two 101B's going an hour and a half ago. I've never heard one of those things. Wow, they sound totally different than a 125 or 797, very deep and raspy. I'll be bringing this one but the other one will probably not get done before the GTG. I'll bring a 125 and 797 to compare it with.

I won't be able to make it this year. I was really looking forward to it, too.

You guys and gals have fun. Run some of that heavy old iron for me.

hope everythings ok mr. will not be the same with you not there.

+1.:msp_sad:

We'll be sure to run some of that heavy, lould old iron in your stead Bob. Are you and C. going to be at our GTG in November? I hope you are.

Bring all your 2100's orange or red I'll have both:msp_biggrin:

Neither my red or orange 2100's (2100 Super and 2100CD) will be ready for this GTG. My red 2000 is ready and will be present (that oughta be close enough methinks). Gotta get some video of a bunch of 2000/2100 Homelites idling and cutting together (IIRC our host just obtained a 2000 as well). Same with Mac Super 250's. I'll have mine. Brad will be bringing his. Fraser and RandyMac (and anyone else) please bring your S-250's too.:D

Last edited:
Bring It On.....

More 394 fodder!.....:msp_biggrin:....Just got back from a local Saw Shop, they have donated a couple more "BIG UGLIES" for the 32" and over to play on!.....:popcorn:..... While I was there I went through the damp and dark regions and scored a Dolmar 143 for $$CHEAP. Pulled over real easy with little or no compression and looked as if the muffler had been removed at one time. The saw had been there a long time. When I got it home and looked under the hood, the plug was out! Left hand pull-right thumb test showed PLENTY of compression!.......:).....I've been looking for a 143 top end for my 133s. Same weight 10cc more!!!! Time is getting Short! Weather is Getting Better! We are getting EXCITED and more ready! .........:cheers:.......PM me for details if needed........Bob

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the whim of the dept to hit, they are getting pretty dodgy. They might deny Saturday night, so we will be up Friday anyway and depart Saturday, if they do.

The swine!!!

I'm still waiting for the whim of the dept to hit, they are getting pretty dodgy. They might deny Saturday night, so we will be up Friday anyway and depart Saturday, if they do.

Ask the offending admin pogue if they are a Newman fan.........and if they like their desk.:D

Am I still clear to crash on your couch Thursday and Sunday nights?

Back