Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there will be more saws to run than you can shake an ax at there, even if i don't bring any.;)

This Just Gets......

Better and Better....:rock:....Great News Bob!!!...:msp_smile:...Plenty of saws but stay away from the YELLOW.....:D.....You'll want to keep your right arm! "T" and I just came in from fussing around out there and it's getting ready.........Got just a few more logs to set and maybe a Maple to drop and then there is the neighbors Cottonwood to fetch. A few hoses to repair so we have water by the kitchen and fire pit and then make a little room around the greenhouse sink for cleaning up. Just a reminder....The station in Cedar Flats sells clear premium at just under $5 a ga., there is a market and restaurant in Walterville ( (about 7 min. away), bring your own chairs, drinks, food, and so forth. You know the drill! No one ever,ever, goes hungry and /or thirsty!......:rock:.....Better & Better....:rock:......Bob

Better and Better....:rock:....Great News Bob!!!...:msp_smile:...Plenty of saws but stay away from the YELLOW.....:D.....You'll want to keep your right arm! "T" and I just came in from fussing around out there and it's getting ready.........Got just a few more logs to set and maybe a Maple to drop and then there is the neighbors Cottonwood to fetch. A few hoses to repair so we have water by the kitchen and fire pit and then make a little room around the greenhouse sink for cleaning up. Just a reminder....The station in Cedar Flats sells clear premium at just under $5 a ga., there is a market and restaurant in Walterville ( (about 7 min. away), bring your own chairs, drinks, food, and so forth. You know the drill! No one ever,ever, goes hungry and /or thirsty!......:rock:.....Better & Better....:rock:......Bob

I'll be bringing a meatloaf and some extra paper plates and forks. The meatloaf might be minus a slice or two since I'm camping at Chiloquin on the way up but I'll try to get most of it there.

Just revived a spectacularly ugly 064. It has a story, too. I'll leave directly from work Friday which should put me in Farleyville around 7PM that evening. I'll load the truck tomorrow night. It will be a parapsychological mix of stuff that runs and stuff I HOPE will run. Fraser has asked for some P100 parts; anybody else have requests?

Since Nate posted up regarding parts requests....

I'm in need of a rim drive clutch drum for a Homelite 2000/2100. Would prefer a drum that uses 'normal' seven spline rims rather than the damn six spline rims. I believe that a rim drive drum from/for a Homelite 750 woul work for me. Also am looking for a six spline 404-7 rim for the six spline drum that is on my 2000A.

I have an NOS .404-8 spur drum for an XP1000-1050 to trade.

Also bringing a good used 20" 3/8-.058G D009 large Husky mount Oregon Powermatch bar to trade.

I'm bringing a friend's 28" (or 32"...can't remember right now) Stihl branded .404-.063G D033 large Stihl mount bar an chain. It's in very nice shape, with most of the paint intact. He is looking for a D025 small Stihl mount bar/chain in trade for it

I have various old Homelite, McCulloch, and Poulan parts (and saws) that I could bring up. I'll check back here right before I head out to see if anybody posts a 'need' that I can cover..

Aaron, 7.62x38R.

Nagant revolver rounds? Yikes. I THINK I have some squirreled away somewhere. It'll have to wait 'til the next trip unless you want me to spend the day searching through boxes so that I arrive at your place after sundown.:D

There's ONE box I can look in quickly. If it's there I'll stash it in the ranger. Does Annie still have that .357RM chambered rolling block? If so I'll have a gift for her.

For the future:

Real Guns - Handloading the Weird, the 7.63x38R Nagant

I have no chainsaw parts.

However, the huckleberry pie odor is wafting through the house. They are in the oven. More cookies to follow.

Patty leave the chainsaw parts stuff to us neanderthals. What you're bringing to the 'party' is extremely valuable.:msp_thumbup:

Take A Number......

All non runners are going to have to fight for space on the barn floor.....:laugh:....Those are the ones that are easy to get and never seem to go away!......"T" took down a Maple to mill into cants and the RENTAL TRACTOR we were using to yard them just got a flat.......We are having a great time but it's getting hard to catch a break. By the time the guy gets here to change the tire the tractor is due back.....:dizzy:.....IS THIS LIVING?....OR WHAT?......Bob

the running saw thing is funny. thats what i'm dealing with right now. certain saws that ran when laid up are giving me a stroke. the mac 99 with the 8' that always ran won't stay running now, so unless some one want's to tackle that monster i'll bring it. have not the time or patients right now. the 2100 started puking bar oil , i'll look at that to-nite . fired up the 795 and i all of the suden has ether an air leak or carb issue's . Aarron what was the drive #'s on the .404 again. on the part's wish list is a rim drive in .404 for the 990d. if any one has let me know. i'll stop whining now , and every one drive safe. .

Running behind as usual. Stop and go traffic through Willits, Ca. Randy PM or email your new address to me please.

Fraser 94DL and 106DL of .404-.063G please. Thanks my friend.

Almost through Willits now. I hope things pick up.....

Running behind as usual. Stop and go traffic through Willits, Ca. Randy PM or email your new address to me please.

Fraser 94DL and 106DL of .404-.063G please. Thanks my friend.

Almost through Willits now. I hope things pick up.....

Gotcha, there are about 25 turns to make when you get this far.:yoyo:

Well, "T" and I are hanging it up.......

He is taking 5, 8 footers home to mill into cants.......Tomorrow morning I am heading into town to pick up a list of incidentals and then when I return it's saw prep time! Some of these saws have not run in the last 4 years. Then there are the ones I have recently gotten that need to be tried......Happy Madness.....Some Just Bake while we lesser beings struggle with mechanicals.....:msp_smile:....Did I say, "Is This Living? Or What"?........Bob

Back