Pacific Northwest GTG (June 12-15, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a wonderful event! A most gracious host, friendly and helpful participants, and some absolutely great saws - my ears are still ringing and I was using muffs!
Here are a few pics....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

What happened today?

Got home last night about 2 and the boy and his friend were buried under the hood of the truck. We just got in from getting that figured out. He needed my ride to get things done this morning. There was still some things that needed to be talked about there today, I was gonna climb with someone else, but I don't remember who that was.

We had a great time out there. Tammy had a great time, this was an entirely new experience for her, from start to finish. She really had fun getting her saw out of the tree. I need to find out if anyone has pictures of that.

I'm kicking myself in the butt now for missing out the last couple years. Believe it or not I forgot how much fun that this event really is. Bob hit the nail on the head, this isn't just a group of people, it's an extraordinary group of people.

Bob, Mrs. Bob, T, Mrs T. Thanks for a very good and far too short of a time.

Oh ya. Hey Bob it was the dog that took out your garage door......really.

Owl

Thanks

Thanks to Bob and family for hosting a great time. You folks have a beautiful place and a perfect setting for this type of event.
I finally got to meet the people that make up this awesome site. I only made to down for the day, but it was totally worth the drive. Thanks again, Brad.

What happened today?

Got home last night about 2 and the boy and his friend were buried under the hood of the truck. We just got in from getting that figured out. He needed my ride to get things done this morning. There was still some things that needed to be talked about there today, I was gonna climb with someone else, but I don't remember who that was.

We had a great time out there. Tammy had a great time, this was an entirely new experience for her, from start to finish. She really had fun getting her saw out of the tree. I need to find out if anyone has pictures of that.

I'm kicking myself in the butt now for missing out the last couple years. Believe it or not I forgot how much fun that this event really is. Bob hit the nail on the head, this isn't just a group of people, it's an extraordinary group of people.

Bob, Mrs. Bob, T, Mrs T. Thanks for a very good and far too short of a time.

Oh ya. Hey Bob it was the dog that took out your garage door......really.

Owl
I should have a couple photos for you think you folks were still on the way up I'll check today

The best GTG in the country is in Springfield OR in the PNW with 25 saw stations, 6 race cants all made by hand...thanks T and thanks for the tour of your mill. Thanks to paccity for the huge Maple that the 090's could cut we had 4 090's there with 8ft bars, 5 797's, several Supers and a 101b thanks sawfun9. We had Team Mtgal carving Swedish candles for our down time sitting, Miss P famous cookies and Huckleberry pie..none left to take home:msp_angry:. Many thanks for Team Phils out of Florance OR for making the trip as well as the cali folks bet they don't want to go back...yuk and to all the Warshington peeps for not bringing any rain..they brought the heat indeed.

The only thing that got hurt is the garage door at the main house via a sweet Lab with a lead foot..we all laughed till the wee hours. Thanks Mrs T and good ears by Team Schmuck..he called it:)

Next stop for me is the races on the 4th and then the Lumberjack Competition in Cottage Grove I'll do all the events there

This is asking a lot, but would anybody be willing to add captions to some of the pictures. It would be fun for me to be able to put faces with the names I see on a daily basis. Thanks in advance

CAM00485_zpse97c0e37.jpg

CAM00471_zps490f0513.jpg

CAM00466_zpsf6369535.jpg

Bob (Gologit), Randy (RandyMac), and 'T' running my McCulloch Super 250. Big black ants boiled out of that hole in the log while 'T' was cutting.

CAM00435_zpsa3c02359.jpg

CAM00425_zps104c1086.jpg

Sheldon (Torinocobra) running his Homelite 750.

CAM00430_zps8c4df90f.jpg

CAM00431_zpsc241133a.jpg

Charlie (Atpchas) running his Stihl Lightning.

CAM00433_zps19127600.jpg

Bob catching some action.

CAM00453_zps47893f1e.jpg

Left to right; A gentleman who's name I can't recall, Don (Sawfun9), and Mike (can't remember his AS name) putting their heads together to get a McCulloch 101B 'Kart' engine powered saw running right. Fraser (Paccity) and Spotted Owl (sorry Owl.....I'm terrible with remembering names) are in the background discussing something. Fraser (white shirt) is just off of Mike's left shoulder. Spotted Owl is in the blue shirt. I believe that's "T" sitting in the chair on the far right of the pic.

CAM00451_zpse2a16ff7.jpg

CAM00450_zps36912efc.jpg

Sheldon (Torinocobra) running his newly obtained Remington PL7A. A compact 95cc saw.

CAM00457_zps2fa3a5c0.jpg

CAM00456_zps52040761.jpg

Mike posing with an 090G wearing a 96" (yes 8 foot) sprocket nose bar, and with the 101B powered Mac.

CAM00463_zps8b065d13.jpg

CAM00462_zpsb837dc3a.jpg

A wickedly fast (and LOUD) Husky 3120. Not quite stock...

Last edited:
CAM00437_zps864d94c3.jpg

CAM00440_zps5b789035.jpg

Terry (Oregonlogger) running his McCulloch Super 797. Fraser (Paccity), Kevin (Schmuck.k), and Patty (SlowP) in the background.

CAM00501_zps58ab7d91.jpg

CAM00502_zpsb90c7c17.jpg

CAM00510_zpsd4f83f7b.jpg

Nate (Madhatte) running a couple McCulloch SP125C's in the BIG log. Patty (SlowP), Bob (Gologit), and Fraser (Paccity) watching Nate in the background.

Last edited:
CAM00420_zps5029f313.jpg

Saturday morning. Some conversation, coffee, and some fantastic home-made breakfast pastry. Left to right; Terry (Oregonlogger), Brian (Cedarkerf), Sheldon (Torinocobra), Fraser (Paccity), and Charlie (Atpchas).

CAM00421_zps55bbc67c.jpg

Kevin (Schmuck.k) discussing things with Ben (the Used Dog) as Bob (Gologit) and Patty (SlowP) look on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back