Pacific Northwest GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmuck K ....I have most of a 2100 here. Missing the same parts but do have bars and chains for it if you get stuck. I have never seen one run and would like to compare it too a 288 and 394......Bob

Good Eats!

I have a lpg Weber with a side burner, a regular kettle Weber, a water pressure tank cut length wise for an open pit and a laundry dryer tub for the kitchen area. I will supply fuel for all and I supose I had better have a lot of beer on hand for the dozen or saws that could be a tiny bit faster then mine!
That's me on the left.....:buttkick:......Bob

Trinity Honoria was the Official Timer and record keeper at some of the old GTGs back east. No more just sitting around the fire for that lady...you can put her to work! :)

OK, my reputation has expanded... back East, I was trusted to RECORD the times but never to hold a stop watch... i'm experienced with stop watches-- at swim meets... at Bookerdog's GTG, I was asked to time someone on multiple saws... and did it without a major foo-bar... :clap:

the guys back East trusted my accuracy & patience recording times, even in the pouring rain LOL...

but I'll do whatever is needed... besides just sitting there, looking pretty...:dizzy:

bob i got some extra parts. right now it has a velosity stack and filter i jest want the stock for when it is on the mill. any thing i need to bring besides beer?

111S? That wonderfull, big Jonsered? I like that saw, it's so, Homelite. Maybe I'll bring something to keep it in line.
I have surplus stuff, thinking of putting a swapmeet thread in the PNWLB forum.
Are we springing for t-shirts? Any ideas for a logo or whatever? The Spotted Owl shirt brings me luck when I wear it while looking for chainsaws.

I will bring a table and huckleberry pie, and maybe not salsa as I see somebody else is.

I can set up an espresso making thing in the back of the Wing. Truly a PNW affair with espresso. Latte Jed?:)

If I knew what clotted cream was, I'd make some. I have now learned that it is made in Cornwall and there is no better, but I still don't know what clotted cream consists of. Sounds like warm, but unmelted ice cream?

I "derigged" a swingset from a cedar tree yesterday, but I didn't have spurs, didn't want to cut it down, so I used ---- A LADDER.:greenchainsaw:
That's what real loggers use. At least the only ones logging right now. :)

I will bring a table and huckleberry pie, and maybe not salsa as I see somebody else is.

I can set up an espresso making thing in the back of the Wing. Truly a PNW affair with espresso. Latte Jed?:)

If I knew what clotted cream was, I'd make some. I have now learned that it is made in Cornwall and there is no better, but I still don't know what clotted cream consists of. Sounds like warm, but unmelted ice cream?

I "derigged" a swingset from a cedar tree yesterday, but I didn't have spurs, didn't want to cut it down, so I used ---- A LADDER.:greenchainsaw:
That's what real loggers use. At least the only ones logging right now. :)

Ingredients
2 cups pasteurized (not ultra-pasteurized) cream

Directions
Set a coffee filter basket, lined with a filter, in a strainer, over a bowl. Pour the cream almost to the top of the filter. Refrigerate for 2 hours. The whey will sink to the bottom passing through the filter leaving a ring of clotted cream. Scrape this down with a rubber spatula and repeat every couple of hours until the mass reaches the consistency of soft cream cheese

Clotted_Cream_on_a_Scone_w_blueberries.jpg

I have surplus stuff, thinking of putting a swapmeet thread in the PNWLB forum.

+1 on that idea. I have a few older saws that I don't use anymore than I can bring. Could figure out something to do with them. Prizes or give-a-ways. I know I could probably bring a ton of eggs for breakfast and a couple backs of taters for the same reason. Maybe even some carbonated adult drinks as well.

I was thinking we could have a drawing for stuff, like door prizes and whatnot. I have some new bar and chain combos that would be good for that as well a couple decent saws.

Should there be any contests at this thing?

It's Shaping Up!

attachment.php
WOW.....This is looking good! We can have all kinds of contest. I should have the axe target this week, got the two climbing trees, the wood is nice sized and should last through single and multiple cut efforts since we are doing cookies, there's just a lot of things. I'm thinking of three classes of saws....WS (way stock),NS (not stock) and WNS (way not stock) each with popular sized cc break downs. Also a "Vintage Challenge". Then there's the "Beat My Time Get A Beer" thing that should break me but you never know. (Hope I don't get "Clotted Creamed")
Talked with Bailey's today and they will be sending a Gift Box and that will be added to the prizes.
As far as bring some of your own saws and parts to sell or trade, that's fine too but your going up against a lot of the stuff on my barn floor so be prepared to take some of that home with you.........:cheers:.......Bob

Bob your barn floor has me droolin :drool: All kinds of saws/parts and projects in there.

Looks like the GTG is shaping up, and sounds like yall are gonna be busy with all sorts of events.

If you're gonna make me take "stuff" home, I will have to bring down some stuff for you. Got old tires, a washing machine, a pressure tank, and probably more stuff hiding in the blackberries.

Hey. I found the broken aluminum bat!:clap:

The ax targets sound good. :clap:I like to throw Brians throwing ax. We broke our target so we need a new one.

I guess I have to try to make clotted cream. How does it go with pie?

Very well indeed. But you really need scones and strawberry jam. Don't ask me whether you put the jam on first and the cream on top, or the other way around. Had many a heated debate on that one!!!

I don't think there is a correct way of doing it, but I always put the jam on first.

attachment.php
WOW.....This is looking good! We can have all kinds of contest. I should have

Thanks for posting this picture Bob. I think after i show Kate, I'll be off the hook for evermore!!!

I think I need more stuff though!!!

Latest posts

Back