Pacific Northwest GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If You Liked That One.....

attachment.php

Then here's another! This is from the "Neatest" area.
Going to miss you guys this year but I know your going to be doing something amazing & fun even without us..........:clap:.......Bob

Yeah, I definitely need some more stuff, FACT!!!

Well there was still a faint glimmer of hope that I could make it in May, but even that's gone now. I've been called up for jury service. So glad to have made it to the first 2.

So I'll hang around here, thank you for your hospitality in the past and wish you a happy GtG in 2010!!! :cheers:

Very well indeed. But you really need scones and strawberry jam. Don't ask me whether you put the jam on first and the cream on top, or the other way around. Had many a heated debate on that one!!!

I don't think there is a correct way of doing it, but I always put the jam on first.

The real question is cream first and then tea or tea first and then cream?

My family spent many an hour debating that one. The english side would say tea first and the Irish side would say cream first. Then it would switch next visit and the English side would say cream first and so on.

I personally always put the tea in first because I like to add a little honey to it and the cream cools it just a touch and so the honey doesn't mix as well.

Mr. HE:cool:

Very well indeed. But you really need scones and strawberry jam. Don't ask me whether you put the jam on first and the cream on top, or the other way around. Had many a heated debate on that one!!!

I don't think there is a correct way of doing it, but I always put the jam on first.

cream on frist...:poke::hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah, I definitely need some more stuff, FACT!!!

Well there was still a faint glimmer of hope that I could make it in May, but even that's gone now. I've been called up for jury service. So glad to have made it to the first 2.

So I'll hang around here, thank you for your hospitality in the past and wish you a happy GtG in 2010!!! :cheers:

Hey Colin just send Kate, we will take care of her. We will take her to get her linens, bobbins and bits and a few more red white and blue stars and stripes.
goodies!:clap::hmm3grin2orange:
We will really miss you both, and it won't be the same without you both. Hope to see you guys next time.

Bump...

I breezed through this thread again, and didn't see any dates posted yet. My eyes are shot, so maybe I just missed them. :laugh:

I will be in NW Orygun on June 4, 5, and 6 to be at another GTG for a different website... :) So looks like 2 trips to OR for me in June... :)

With Jacob's help, my 797 will be there. I should have my 640 runnin' too. A few more tweaks on the old Homelite 770G with the PNW history behind it. That'll be in the truck too.

Jacob... you gonna bring an extra 125 with you? :laugh:

I am looking forward to shakin' some hands and drinkin' beer with you lot. Oh... and maybe run a few saws... :laugh:

Gary

Then here's another! This is from the "Neatest" area. Bob

Bob- that looks like "madness on the McKenzie"...

I will be in NW Orygun on June 4, 5, and 6 to be at another GTG for a different website... :) So looks like 2 trips to OR for me in June... :)

With Jacob's help, my 797 will be there. I should have my 640 runnin' too. A few more tweaks on the old Homelite 770G with the PNW history behind it. That'll be in the truck too.

I am looking forward to shakin' some hands and drinkin' beer with you lot. Oh... and maybe run a few saws... :laugh:

Gary

I think Bob was also shooting for June 06 or around there? Is there some vintage saw GTG that I'm missing out on? :)

I think I can squeeze an extra 125 in the truck...

Bump...

I breezed through this thread again, and didn't see any dates posted yet. My eyes are shot, so maybe I just missed them. :laugh:

Gary

i was wondering if you where going to be there. i cant waight to lisen to all of the older fellows as i am a young buck

Dates!.....12th & 13th of JUNE !

"T" & I are hosting the only Pacific Northwest GTG that we know of on the 12th & 13th of June. If some are able to be there on the afternoon of Friday the 11th they can help with set up and suggestions for the weekend.
I had hoped that bookerdog would be hosting one the first part of May and with ours in mid June there would still be time and weather for one more in Aug or Sept. but so far,nothing.
I think that there is something going on in Cottage Grove and Prospect but have no dates or further information.
I hope that clears up any confusion and am looking forward to a great time!
...............:cheers:.................Bob

:clap: Looks like a good group. With all the exotic saws I just might leave my ordinary old work saws home and try out everybody else's. No buying, though. I'm going to Madsen's before I come back down to Farleys...I'll be broke. :)

:clap: Looks like a good group. With all the exotic saws I just might leave my ordinary old work saws home and try out everybody else's. No buying, though. I'm going to Madsen's before I come back down to Farleys...I'll be broke. :)

Hey Bob you going to buy some accessories?:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

What I want to know is this: Will the Barbie Sticker Phantom make another appearance???

Oh, by the way, I will be bringing a chocolate cake for regular folks, and gluten free brownies for us limited fantastic folk...

Can't wait to see y'all-- and more important, hear the chain saws working and smell the smoke... and just after my spring quarter ends!!!

Eugene/Springfield Motels

If you are looking for a motel, most anything near an I-5 exit or the University of Oregon is only 12-15 easy miles from us. We are just east and right off the 105/126 Mckenzie River Highway right between the big cities of Cedar Flat & Walterville. There are lots of motels less than 20 min. away and the airport is only 1/2 hr or less. My advice to BigBaddddd was to try the Villege Inn (9 miles away and just off 105/126) as other friends and family had stayed there in the past. I also mentioned that he should avoid any motels listed as on Springfield's Main Street unless he was seeking some unknown adventure in a motel some would describe as being of an "Hourly Nature".
For "Good Eats", the Villege Inn has it's own restaurant which is a little old but ok. Cedar Flats has a good little restaurant and the gas station sells a non-ethanol premium. Walterville has a Ray's market and a good restaurant. Should you be coming from the east on 126, Vida has a market, gas, an a neat cafe.
We do have room for camping at the site and can handle most any size RV with the use of our neighboor's field a short walk away.
For any specific questions or special request just PM me.......Bob

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back