Paint recommendations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want chip and scratch resistance, I cannot recommend a better paint that the Tractor Supply tractor / implement paint with the hardener. Have to mix and spray it with a gun, but it is worth the trouble.

Wrinkle Paint

What about the McCulloch crinkle finish black?

You should find that at your local motorcycle shop , (spray bombs) . I've used it on Harley cylinders and had good success . Pre -heat parts in oven , shake paint thoroughly and dont put it on too thick , two coats . Been a while but you must follow manufacturers directions exactly . Still trying to find original Poulan green paint or a match for it . Anyone know ?

You should find that at your local motorcycle shop , (spray bombs) . I've used it on Harley cylinders and had good success . Pre -heat parts in oven , shake paint thoroughly and dont put it on too thick , two coats . Been a while but you must follow manufacturers directions exactly . Still trying to find original Poulan green paint or a match for it . Anyone know ?

hi still waiting on the oil pump diaphragm as soon as it gets here as far as the paint is the paint code is 419 thats for the green poulan paint poulan part # was 130939 but no longer available but you can probily take that paint code to any paint store and see if they can make you some paint just give them that paint code 419 also what you can do is go to a paint store they normally have paint cards you get all the green color cards match it up to your chainsaw they can actually make that green color paint from scratch cause it gives them what parts of what color to do lowes is a good place to do this and then you can find someone that has a paint gun with a air compressor to paint the saw for you

hope this helps

and as soon as them diaphragms get here for the oil pump i will send it out to you

calvin

Thanks

Appreciate the paint numbers Calvin . I'll see about having a match done by sample . Also appreciate you keeping me aprised of parts order status . Thanks .

Latest posts

Back