Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you like pics, don't you ? :msp_tongue:
My Partners:

I also have a open port 5000 in parts, i have to put it together some time. I suppose it revs better than a Husky 50 oder 55, it has a significantly smaller burning chamber. Maybe timing is also different, didn't check it yet ;-)
Max

Max, thats a nice bunch you have there,

I got a 540 sent to me a while back and while I have not really run it much, it seems to be a very capeable performer, open port not withstanding. I like it!

ebay 5000

I picked up the 5K+ that has been floating around on Ebay for several weeks now. I bought it as a parts saw; I'm skeptical of the description in the listing. I have a shelf-queen already, one that is nearly complete, and a third with a good P/C but missing lots of other stuff. I think I will be able to make two more runners from this saw.
About time someone did, been staring at me in my watch list for 3 months!!!!! I figured it was a 5000 non plus but who cares, 80.00. I offered him 70.00 for it shipped after it ended last time and was turned down.
You win!!!!

P55

Well the P55 is running right now, it was the throttle binding in the handle. Pulled the carb block and it was good and the cylinder wasn't leaking. At least i have new seals now.Now on to my 5000 plus.

Partner seals

Well the P55 is running right now, it was the throttle binding in the handle. Pulled the carb block and it was good and the cylinder wasn't leaking. At least i have new seals now.Now on to my 5000 plus.

Well like I said before, "I" have not found any seals bad on a Partner, I've changed them but it was never a problem with idle, found it to be the throttle shafts on HS series or the throttle rod bent wrong like you stated, seems people have bent them in the past for some reason and the angle is wrong right under the throttle shaft causing the thing to hit on the rear handle under the choke lever. (in my experience)

Only other thing was bad intakes but it was easy to spot (cracked)

Glad to hear it's up and running. Did you get your washer/sleeves you ordered from Baileys?

P55

Thanks, no they said they were back ordered till thanksgiving. Well the next time I'll check the carb next. I don't think its a bad idea to replace the seals on these 30 plus year old saws anyway though. Now I've got to get my 5000 plus running good.

Partner Parts????

Hello all, I spent way too much on saws this week and up picking up a Heated Handle Jonsered 590 that needs a Piston at least, (don't have yet) anyone have a NOS or used piston in 45mm out there for one?
Also picked up a couple 7000+ saws that both need the chain brakes, anyone have parts or complete covers. I know theres one on eBay!!!
Also could use some bucking spikes for 5000, 500, 490, 590, and full size Partners too.

Duane

Partner Parts pile

So another great Deal done between myself and tomdcoker (THANKS), was sent a pile of Partner carcasses, two 5000 non plus models, but kinda stripped but both had complete handle assemblies with lower braces, and good open port cylinders and pistons,(both cylinders use TAPER seat spark plugs) and a wa82 plus other stuff. Think I'm going redo one of them that had a good case/crank.
Also was included a old points Partner S50/r18 carcass that had a NEVER seen by me additional hand guard bolted to the footpad area of the rear handle, (right side) so I scored something different.!!!!
I'll send a few pics later (damn cold of mine, kickin my butt)

Happy BIRD Day!!!!!! My birds gets to live another day because I'm sick and don't feel like plucking them today. (havin a late Thanksgivin)

So another great Deal done between myself and tomdcoker (THANKS), was sent a pile of Partner carcasses, two 5000 non plus models, but kinda stripped but both had complete handle assemblies with lower braces, and good open port cylinders and pistons,(both cylinders use TAPER seat spark plugs) and a wa82 plus other stuff. Think I'm going redo one of them that had a good case/crank.
Also was included a old points Partner S50/r18 carcass that had a NEVER seen by me additional hand guard bolted to the footpad area of the rear handle, (right side) so I scored something different.!!!!
I'll send a few pics later (damn cold of mine, kickin my butt)

Happy BIRD Day!!!!!! My birds gets to live another day because I'm sick and don't feel like plucking them today. (havin a late Thanksgivin)

Sounds like a great score! I officially ban you from any additional Partner scores until further notice. :laugh:

Partner scoes

Sounds like a great score! I officially ban you from any additional Partner scores until further notice. :laugh:

Think I'm outta money anyways!!! Oh wait a minute I have parts to trade!!!! I'll ban myself as I have lots of saws NONE of wich are getting worked on cause I keep shopping. Still missin a p85 p100 and the pioneer line.

Duane

Anyone want to give me an idea, what Partner this NOS P&C is for???....It would make my day if it fits an R420, as I have one of those to build in the future.

It's 48mm bore closed transfer......

IMG_6638.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg

Partner p?c

Anyone want to give me an idea, what Partner this NOS P&C is for???....It would make my day if it fits an R420, as I have one of those to build in the future.

It's 48mm bore closed transfer......

IMG_6638.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg

Well 420, had the small cooling fin cylinders, this is newer but will fit fine, this is a late 70's 65cc cylinder, Most likely Farmer F65 or S65. It is a direct replacement and will make great power.

Duane

Last edited:
You got it!!!! well at least it is a 420 or R series old model small fin pre 1976, It is oem for any model partner. Oh yah !!! almost forgot, I have a couple of these and one was OEM on a very early F65 I have, I built this saw and it OUT RIGHT screams!!!!! lots more power than my P7000+ or P70 and is not even in the same dept. as my other 65cc Partners.
IMO these are Partners finest P/C, I have tested this theory on both 44mm and 48mm types!!! closed port, small fin, RULE HANDS DOWN!!

Use it, you'll like it alot

Duane

Thanks, Duane!!

Wow, that couldn't have worked out better!....I've had a pretty clean old R420 that doesn't turn over very well, sitting here for awhile.....It's nice to know I've got an ace up my sleeve if I need it.:msp_thumbsup:

This is one of the goodies in a bunch of NOS stuff I bought recently.

Partner 420T

Yes that P/C will work great for you, They make lots of power, The OEM 420T should have had the small fin dual divided cylinder, the pistons are the same though. The style you have is a little newer but is the OEM replacement for all 55cc and 65cc saws.
You'll most likely find your 420T cylinder to be FLAWLESS!!! every parts saw I take apart looks bad but clean up to NOT A SCRATCH at all, And I mean some melted pistons!!!!
I just picked up the same NOS P/C you have and a open port NOS recently too, but like I said they all turn out great with a little muriatic acid. So mine are back shelved for that special project too!
You'll find a closed port 65cc Partner with a HS172 or ws18A to be a great performer, matching and or beating a P70/7000, you'll need a bottom dump muffler too, gutted!!!!

Good score
Duane

Thanks for the info, Duane.

Yeah, I have cleaned up some nasty piston transfer in a lot of cylinders now, and it's amazing what will clean up sometimes......I have a few Partner saws to get into, as time allows, but they have been on the back burner with so many other projects.

Partner R440, 100cc.
I got this one last week. It needed a few parts, so I looked around until I
found all the parts. It looks like the P100. A few things are different on this.
It as de-comp valve, the carb is little different. They made this befor they made
the P100. This has the Thyristor electronic. Would this be the R440T?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes R440T

Partner R440, 100cc.
I got this one last week. It needed a few parts, so I looked around until I
found all the parts. It looks like the P100. A few things are different on this.
It as de-comp valve, the carb is little different. They made this befor they made
the P100. This has the Thyristor electronic. Would this be the R440T?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You hit it, R440T is your animal, very nice, and nice roller nose bar too!!!! good saws. Pretty much a old P100, different but the same!!! power is the same if not MORE!!! P100 had the T-port decomp you have the manual version. Hs172 would be an upgrade if you don't already have one.
Duane

Latest posts

Back