Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Partner P7000 Plus

Torn into my newest Pioneer Partner 7000+ today, found strait gassed fried piston and cylinder thats ok. Piston fried I can live with, but am really BUMMED!!! about all the 7000+ hype, (THERE NOTHING SPECIAL) maybe even two steps down from earlier Partners. I have listed the difference from P70 models. The saw is a one owner all oem been sittin 15 years. lucky me the PO drained all fluids, The p7000+ has NO T-PORT decomp release, has WS10 carb, very resrictive muffler same as S55, ports in cylinder are identical in size to closed port S65/650 ports and 55cc saws. The 7000+ also has smaller ports than K650/700 cut off saws, even the China Cylinders are huge in comparison.
So what is so special about a 7000+, seems to me a 420T or similar R series will eat it for lunch!!! I know my 65cc closed port Partners will, they are higher compression, larger ports, larger carbs and open free flowing mufflers.
IMO : P7000+ are behind all early models, I think it was all adverised Hype!!!!
I'm very disappointed I spent money for one of these, Older 65cc Partners or P70 are much better parts wise.

Duane

I agree on the 7000+ Duane. Nice saws but the older Partner saws seem to have more zip. I have good closed port 65 cc cylinder than I bolted on to a P70 crankcase. I haven't run it yet, but it has 180 psi. Has anyone else tried that?
Possibly it is not a good idea.
Tom

P70 with 65cc P/C

I agree on the 7000+ Duane. Nice saws but the older Partner saws seem to have more zip. I have good closed port 65 cc cylinder than I bolted on to a P70 crankcase. I haven't run it yet, but it has 180 psi. Has anyone else tried that?
Possibly it is not a good idea.
Tom

Its fine, I put a 65cc open port on a p70 just because I didn't want the case opened up waitin on parts, works fine there nothing different but the size of the opening for the cylinder lips. Can't put a P70 cylinder on a 65cc saw though!!!!! (openings too small) Run it and be happy, I would if needed to again, if you have a older 65cc cylinder with small cooling fins and dual divided ports, and closed ports they will RUN!!!!! and I'm not kiddin, there GOOD!!!!! but they all work.
IMO the 65cc, 48mm cylinders seem to make more power, I know size matters but the ports are the same size meaning the 48mm cylinder will get better flow etc. I have tried comparing saws I have (lots of Partners) and the F65 black case saws always RULE!!!! some are ported some aren't but they ALL have RPM potential and times that beat 50mm 70cc saws. (all the way up to 24" bars) Above 24" B/C p70/7000 may rule????
I was impressed with my P70 when I got it but after running it and 65cc saws, the F65/S65 win hands down. (but harder to start)
Duane

Pioneer Partner 500 on ebay

Am I missing something or what?????? eBay Pioneer Partner 500 $147.56 and still two days left, and multiple bidders. last week a Partner 5000+ was $80.00, bought by member on here after being relisted for months. I paid $50.00 to the door for my last two 500's needed cleaned out only.

Are Pioneer Partners worth that much more now?????

Duane

Am I missing something or what?????? eBay Pioneer Partner 500 $147.56 and still two days left, and multiple bidders. last week a Partner 5000+ was $80.00, bought by member on here after being relisted for months. I paid $50.00 to the door for my last two 500's needed cleaned out only.

Duane

I opened the bid last night. Figured I'd better before someone offered him a buy-it-now price. ;)

Pioneer 500

I opened the bid last night. Figured I'd better before someone offered him a buy-it-now price. ;)

I see said the blind man!!!! But you had nothing to worry about, I don't need anymore right now, you banned me from any more deals anyway (hah Hah)

Duane

Last edited:

Duane

I received that saw today...the bad- compression is 130psi. The good- the saw is complete and the cylinder isn't scored-up, as well as I can see through the sparkplug hole. It cranks and runs fine. Idles well and doesn't have any cracks. The chainbrake is missing, but otherwise, everything is there. Does anyone have a spare chainbrake? I actually need two CB's.

I see said the blind man!!!! But you had nothing to worry about, I don't need anymore right now, you banner me from any more deals anyway (hah Hah)

Duane
LOL
That's a sweet 590. :cheers: Did you get it yet?

I checked the ebay 500 at lunchtime and couldn't believe it.

I payed $67 for this one. I believe it was only used once or twice.

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

I received that saw today...the bad- compression is 130psi. The good- the saw is complete and the cylinder isn't scored-up, as well as I can see through the sparkplug hole. It cranks and runs fine. Idles well and doesn't have any cracks. The chainbrake is missing, but otherwise, everything is there. Does anyone have a spare chainbrake? I actually need two CB's.

Good deal on the saw, better take her apart and see if its closed port or not!!! The price was right, NEW RING?
I need one too!!!!! or at least a cover with or without CB. Funny I have a bunch of running parts saws, came complete BUT!! No Clutch covers, Someone must have a warehouse of 500/5000 covers right next to all the missing socks from the wash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duane

Pioneer 500 and J-red 590

LOL

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

Nice saw, good score!!!!! I never get that kinda deal, I pay dearly but its mine, NOT FOR RESALE!!! I haven't received my 590 yet, things are slow to get to me out here in the mountains in Wa.

Duane

LOL

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

That's what my 5000+ looks like, and the reason I want to get a couple of others running so it can live out it's life on a shelf.

Partner 500

Finished this one the other night, its just a work saw. Well it was!!!! girlfreind used it for 1 minute and broke the AV mounting point off the cylinder. Guess I'll take it back apart and install another cylinder. (good thing I have spares)

Duane

Partner work saw test n tune day

Clear skies today let me Test n Tune my work saws today. Both 65cc passed but my P70 and 490 didn't. My p70 dies after smoothly idling for 1 minute? couldn't shake it!!! guess I start over on it, fuel vent issue or leak. My 490 had a horrific rattle noise coming from clutch area, can't find it, has new rim and bar/chain all checks OK???? Sounds like wrong pitch rim but its right!! But man the 490 is a "BEAST" theres some serious Hp coming from that saw, fast cuttin unit it is.
Once again my F65a is a powerful unit, I can say that enough! my other S65 open port is no slouch but the F65 closed port rips, it doesn't even strain with a 24" bar and skip chisel.
Well it was almost Test n Tune except I forgot my tools!!!! no small screwdriver or scretch

Last edited:
Partner 5000+

I've got a 5000+ torn down. I usually do some porting on my bigger saws. Is port work worth the effort on these little guys? Kind of difficult to work on the intake with the cast collar. I'll probably lose the base gasket and open up the muffler. If I'd learn to post pic's I'd post the Partner 610 I just finished up. Anybody else have a 610? It was made in 1990 by the sweeper folks. Same as a McCulloch 61. Lots of plastic but seems to run strong.

Tom

UPS dropped off my 590

So new 590 Heated Handle saw arrived today, nicer than I thought. Its in real good condition minus the score marks on the piston, there on the clutch side but not bad and didn't even leave transfer. (NOS P/C already sourced) Hardly used, paint scuffs are from moving it around and sitting. Its missing 2" of Silicone heater tube too. I paid alot for it but its nice and rare anymore. As arrived not cleaned and came with 20" Total bar
Now I need about 4 Jonsered starter cover decals??????
For anyone who DOESN'T know, this is a Parter 540 painted red and on steroids

Duane

Last edited:
Partner OLD SCHOOL saw finish up

Finished this old Parter R series today too. (except top av mount) never found out the model, anyone want to guess, had points (now Husky 55 coil) had bottom dump muffler (now newer style gutted). Running its OEM 55cc 44mm closed port small cooling fin cylinder and piston. (base gasket removed) OH YAH!!! woods Ported too.
This saw has the oiler adjustment block behind the bar studs next to muffler,(screws on) but no adjustment screws, welch plugs seal the cavity's, and boy does it oil!!! watch out, pours out all over when idle. gotta research that
Only issue is that I was lacking smaller carbs, had two HS172 and WS10 that needed kits, and this one HS189 that was good, so on it went, ITS A LITTLE TOO BIG!!!!! screws are only out 1/2 turn each. Its going on the 7000 plus.

It screams though, lots of power for 55cc, "ALL METAL BABY"

Partner 3 cube crowd

The 3 cube Partner crowd 500, 490 (added lower brace), 590 Heated Handles, Poulan Pro 325

The rest in work in progress

Partner S50

USPS dropped off my parts piles and a S50 today. One owner all OEM saw, interesting unit, thought I had one but must be something else! S50 has Plastic rear handle system with NO av. (first plastic one I've seen) has farmer upper handle, 55cc 44mm P/C perfect! and a FLAT TOP piston that is not found on other Partners. (domed is standard)
Regular Ignitron electronic (module mounted to case) and a WS10 carb, spur sprocket (also my first)
Its a runner and 100% operational.

THE INTERESTING PART: It weighs only 12 pounds, dead even!!! pretty light for vintage stuff, my other start at 13

Also have a pile of P70 cases that are good and a p70 case with all good stuff including P/C. PROJECTS I'll get some pics

Duane

Latest posts

Back