Partner P 7700 - the missing link

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops, should be Partner 7700.
Thanks Saw Troll.

Mange,
Agree that a different perspective is in order, but it won't happen in the US. Those guys are some of the most arrogant, in great part becaus eof the $$$$ behind them, and have trouble not only getting experienced and seasoned reps, but keeping them.
There's a good security feeling of doing business with guys that have been in the trenches, and dealres know their there to help, not just move product.

Very well written Sawman.
I have no hope for Elux. I do not believe the concept of such big company's serve the costumer better, than a "smaller" independent would.
This is my biggest problem i think. Everyone is just looking at the number of saws sold/year, as measurement in how successful a brand is. I would rather see less saws with higher quality be sold more, not saying there is no room for "consumer saws", just saying that the pro saws should not be "consumer saws". There is many ways around a problem all has + and - to them. Buying up brands to get market is one thing, putting away competition is one thing and reducing peoples choices is never good.
Lets say there is 15 brands today, how many of them is direct or indirect owned by Elux? off these saw brands have pro saws? Why is there so much to gain by "commercial saws"?

My to cents.

Hi Mange, Don't give up hope.
The Partner cutoff saws look very well built. They have some neat features.
This caught my eye - The clutch bearing on the K1250 Active is automatically lubricated by the engine's lubricating system. This is an old Partner speciality. A hole in the crank shaft feeds oil to the clutch bearing, which keeps the bearing free from dust particles - and that increases life.
http://www.rickermachinery.com/partner_model_k1250_cutoff_saw.htm
Ray

The Cut off saws from Partner has always been good. That is the onle brand the fire dep. used here up to a few years ago.
The stumpcutters aswell.

Rep both Partner, and Dolmar.
Partner self oiling clutch bearing has used many years starting back with the
"P" series chain saw, and the new "K" power cutters.
Back.....in the early '80's.
It definately works. Neat idea, which I wish I was getting royalties for it.
Some competitors have said that it bleeds off power, and reduces better carb adjustment, but haven't seen that. It may....affect emissions ever so slightly, but the engine size keeps exempts it for now. It may have to go some day.
Newer materials, and better greases used during assembly....have made clutch bearing problems are almost none existant.

Last edited:
Saw Man said:
Rep both Partner, and Dolmar.
Partner self oiling clutch bearing has used many years starting back with the
"P" series chain saw, and the new "K" power cutters.
Back.....in the early '80's.
It definately works. Neat idea, which I was getting royalties for it.
Some competitors have said that it bleeds off power, and reduces better carb adjustment, but haven't seen that. It may....affect emissions ever so slightly, but the engine size keeps exempts it for now. It may have to go some day.
Newer materials, and better greases used during assembly....have made clutch bearing problems are almost none existant.

If you got the royalties for it how come the patent was not in your name, and where did you work, here or in the states.
You see the patent office holds nothing secret.
I would like to see some facts about this. Feel free to mail them to me This I would like to see.
You have said "A", let's here the rest.

Mange said:
If you got the royalties for it how come the patent was not in your name, and where did you work, here or in the states.
You see the patent office holds nothing secret.
I would like to see some facts about this. Feel free to mail them to me This I would like to see.
You have said "A", let's here the rest.

OK. I guess that is right, sorry about this then. :blush:
Just got curius, would be great to have a few words with some of the guy's that used to work there.
I have a box full of questions for the.

Oops, again. Sorry for the incomplete sentenance.

My beloved wife has all....too often....told me that if my head wasn't permanently attached my a$$ would fall off. Some connection there?
Being an Adult Attention Hyperactive Disorder (AAHD), and not taking my meds (which DO work) helps me to make too many mistakes when typing, or writing.

I corrected my sentance. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

No, didn't work directly for them, but have worked with them, and others in various capacites. Recently did a Feature Advantage Benefit (FAB) product booklet presentation for an off shore company that is now part of their training.
There are many companies that design & build good products, some are so close in function, it's just another way to do something, but they both work.
The BS is from sales, marketing, and field personel who are trying to prove themselves. In this case, please don't shoot this messenger.

Physics, chemistry, metallurgy, manufacturing, designing are all cold unemotional hard facts. For those of us who believe in Intelligent Design, humans can say, or print whatever they want, but facts 'is' facts.

I do have some old product info.....somewhere...if I would only be able to find it. Very glad to share it.
Now, if I would only remember to start taking my meds.
Now, if only I could find my meds.

Update on Partner P7700 etc

:) I had a long conversation on chainsaws etc with my brother, who has been in the small machines repair and service business since the early 1980ies, last monday.
That does not happen very often, as he lives about 1000 miles from here.

He could confirm that the P7700 indeed became a production model also as Partner, and was sold on the Norwegian market until the early 1990ies.
In addition Partner sold two other versions of the same saw, probably 71 and 65 cc versions. He did not remember the model name on those, but thought they were 3-digit, like P710 and P660.
All versions shared the same IPL, and he was pretty sure he still had it somewhere. We will see........
The 71 cc version was the last to be withdrawn from the market, probably 1997 or so, he said.

Edit; See post below!

Last edited:
He found the IPL's.
The 65 cc version was called 660 to distinguish it from the P16 based 650, and the 710 was sold here in Norway at least as late as 1997.

There was one IPL covering the 7700 and 660, and another newer (1997) one covering the 710.
The only part numbers that were different were cylinders and pistons.
Stroke is 36 mm on all, bore goes 48, 50 and 52 mm.

I suspect that the 3-digit model numbers indicate that the 710 and 660 were meant as semi-pro saws, possibly with open port cylinders.

Last edited:
SawTroll said:
He found the IPL's.

There was one IPL covering the 7700 and 660, and another newer (1997) one covering the 710.
The only part numbers that were different were cylinders and pistons.
Stroke is 36 mm on all, bore goes 48, 50 and 52 mm.

I suspect that the 3-digit model numbers indicate that the 710 and 660 were meant as semi-pro saws, possibly with open port cylinders.
Unlikely saws over 60cc were made as nonpro. ;)

Another update, Poulan Pro 445

The existanse of a 71 cc Poulan Pro version has now been confirmed in another tread - it is the 445 - probably same saw as the Partner 710.

There are also indication that the 505 and 445 were discontinued as late as a year ago in the same tread, here.

I have to admit that I am no longer sure that all these saws were made in Sweden, production could have been moved somewhere else at some point......

Last edited:
pinus said:
Unlikely saws over 60cc were made as nonpro. ;)
Partner made several farmer/semi-pro models over 60 cc.

From the top of my head; F65, S65, 650, 700, 660, 710, and at least one older R designated 65 cc saw.

Last edited:
ttt/ bump

Has anyone looked into this anymore
what was the power of the 77cc version?
Did they have the air filtration?

All the saws in this "family" had a version of the Partner Centrifugal Cleaning System, that later became Air Injection (Husky), Turbo (Jonsered) and Super-clean (Poulan). At least on source has stated that the system was somewhat improved trough the production period, but I am not sure of that.

The power ratings that I have seen for the 77 cc saws all was 4.0 kW/5.4 hp, but I have never seen a rating for the original P7700.

Thanks

It still baffles me how the industries innovator was the one to move to the wayside.:mad: :confused:

Thanks sawtroll

The first Jonsered 2077 had no Turbo, but in -93/94 Jonsered 2077 Turbo came out. The first Jonsered Turbo was 2051, 2054 in -90/91, and then 2094 after what i now.

Back