Partner P 7700 - the missing link

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Partner CCS

Sometime in late -80, some homeowner/hobby chainsaw from Partner was CCS models, i think this was the first chainsaws with this system?

MAG58 said:
Sometime in late -80, some homeowner/hobby chainsaw from Partner was CCS models, i think this was the first chainsaws with this system?

Those must be e-lux partners for sure. They look just like inexpensive poulans.

262xp

Hope this help a bit, cos what i now is from brochures i have. The 262xp Air Injection was new in 1990, and was the first model from Husqvarna. I think the small Partner's CCS was some time before -90.

I knew the 254xp was a 3.9 hp saw but I have never seen a number for the plain old 254 or even the 154 for that matter. I wondered if something was changed or just the name was as part of marketing?

Thanks guys

Buck

Sawtroll I appreciate the report but I can't read french.:laugh:

buck futter said:
Sawtroll I appreciate the report but I can't read french.:laugh:

:cheers: It is German, not French, and the numbers are the same as in English...

The 254xp was one of very few saws (if not the only) that put out .2 kW more than stated by the manufacturer in these tests - 3.1 kW is usually 4.2 hp.

After looking into this for some time, I don't think the power rating was changed when the xp designation was introdused, but I still have no real proof.

buck futter said:
Ok you caugth me, I knew it wasn't french.

WOW nice output fromt the 254 can you interperet the weight of the 254
and the actual power and weight of the 357xp, please
http://www.dlg-test.de/pbdocs/5047.pdf

The test results were 3.1 kW (usually 4.2 hp), and 5.5 kg for the 254xp.
For the 357xp they were 3.0 kW (usually 4.1 hp), and 5.9 kg.

I have been reluctant to refer to the tested power output of the 357xp, as the test saw(s?) were of very early production, and there are a lot of indications that the model generally doesn't have .2 kW less output than Huskys rating.

I have no reason to believe that the weight difference isn't typical, though.

The results also tell us that the 254xp had a lot more vibrations at the rear handle, under load, than the 357xp.

MAG58 said:
This is from my Partner folder, ... . 76,5 cc. 4,0 kW. 6,7 kg.

Thank you very much for the brochure pictures, and welcome to Arboristsite.:D

There aren't too many Norwegians here.....

Could you post the specs of the 660 also?

What year is the brochure from?

Last edited:
MAG58 said:
This is from my Partner folder, Partner 7700 had no CCS, it had double air filters.

MAG58 said:
The first Jonsered 2077 had no Turbo, but in -93/94 Jonsered 2077 Turbo came out. The first Jonsered Turbo was 2051, 2054 in -90/91, and then 2094 after what i now.

Mike Acres once wrote in a corresponding tread at another forum that the P7700 and the original version of the 2077 did have an early version of what later was called CCS, Turbo, Air Injection and SuperClean. He also stated that the feature was improved on later models in this "family" of saws.

I still believe his info, and I think what is said in the brochure is more a question of when they put the names to the feature, than its existence.

My Jred catalog from 1992 shows lots of models with Turbo, including the 2077, without ever mentioning that it is a new feature.

Last edited:
SawTroll said:
The test results were 3.1 kW (usually 4.2 hp), and 5.5 kg for the 254xp.
For the 357xp they were 3.0 kW (usually 4.1 hp), and 5.9 kg.

I have a 357xp and work has a 254xp, I find it hard to believe that the 254 has more power also, In fact I would say it would be a race between a well tuned 55r and the 254 maybe the 254 was a weak one I will have to try out another thanks for your help.

I have been reluctant to refer to the tested power output of the 357xp, as the test saw(s?) were of very early production, and there are a lot of indications that the model generally doesn't have .2 kW less output than Huskys rating.

I have no reason to believe that the weight difference isn't typical, though.

The results also tell us that the 254xp had a lot more vibrations at the rear handle, under load, than the 357xp.

have you run both of those saws if so what do you think?

Thank you for the welcome Saw Troll.

Partner 660, 66cc. 3,4 kW. 6,7 kg. double air filters :biggrinbounce2:

Jonsered 1991 catalog, the 2077 had no Turbo (jpg) :chainsaw: :confused:

Thank you again - very interesting, and very good to have new members that actually have something to contribute.

Pretty odd that they "sneak" introduced it on the 2077 for 1992 though, without mentioning that it was a new feature in the '92 catalog.

My guess by now is that the "early version" mentioned by Mike Acres didn't have the duct of the one that was actually called CCS, Turbo etc, but just had the air intake behind the flywheel.

I which we had access to an allmost complete library far back in time for Jonsered and Partner, as we have for Husky.

By the way, here is Mike Acres website, just in case you haven't seen it.
It is well worth visiting, even though not all the info is 100% correct and complete - it is a living site, that are improving as he gets access to more info. The forum that is linked up there is also well worth visiting.

Last edited:
retoocs555 said:
Those must be e-lux partners for sure. They look just like inexpensive poulans.
I know for a fact that the 365 was made in the USA, ie by Poulan.
The chanses that the 405 also was made by Poulan is overwhelming, juged by its looks.

Last edited:
What year is the brochure from?
The Partner brochure is from -89/90 i think? This brochur was out year after year.

My guess by now is that the "early version" mentioned by Mike Acres didn't have the duct of the one that was actually called CCS, Turbo etc, but just had the air intake behind the flywheel.
I think that is a good guess.

Does anyone know the power output for the 83 cc models of this type (2083 and 505)?
Jonsered 2083 TURBO - 82,5 cc. 4,3kW/6hk. 6,8kg.

MAG58 said:
Jonsered 2083 TURBO - 82,5 cc. 4,3kW/6hk. 6,8kg.
Interesting - all the earlier ratings I have seen on the 2083/505 has been 4.2 kW/5.8 hp.

I don't even think that 4.3 kW adds up with 6.0 hp, more like 5.9 (but the don't actually lie in the brochure, as they say 6 hk, not 6.0).....:greenchainsaw:

Worse with the 2095, 4.8 kW isn't 7.0 hp - more like 6.6.

BY THE WAY, THIS IS MY FIRST POST FROM HOME.
BIG THANKS TO MY WIFE EIVOR :clap: , FOR FINALLY DECIDING THAT WE NEEDED A COMPUTER AT HOME
(I have been a bit reluctant). :cheers:

Last edited:
From another tread;

since the Zebra's are holding up quite well defending against the Stihls, at least in this thread, I can as well post a pic of my latest collector saw I picked up today,

a Partner 7700, which seems to be family (illegal sister :hmm3grin2orange:) )of the Jonsered 2077. Manual and Woody will like her for sure

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sawtroll will add a tad of history to this saw for sure ;)

Actually, the P7700 is the "real thing", the Jreds, and later Poulan Pros, are the "sisters"........

Actually, the P7700 is the "real thing", the Jreds, and later Poulan Pros, are the "sisters"........

Here is a tread, on the 7700, and "sisters".

The tread says it first appeared about 1984, but I am not sure it really was that early.......

Yours look like a later one, what is the serial number????

Serial number is 3190023. Can you tell something from it ?

Probably made 1993, week 19, and number 23 that week......

Probably a "monday saw"......:D :bang:

LOL, a monday saw in scandinavia is likely better made than any where else in europe. Our alcoholic drinks are still affordable :D

Back