Partner P 7700 - the missing link

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a red and black version but i would give my left testicle for a 7700.

Contact Roland (Belgian) - he just found one...........

...but he will probably want to keep it, as it is a historically significant model, and he has become a collector.

Last edited:
From another tread....

..., but really belongs here;

..... my latest collector saw I picked up today,

a Partner 7700, which seems to be family (illegal sister :hmm3grin2orange:) )of the Jonsered 2077. Manual and Woody will like her for sure

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sawtroll will add a tad of history to this saw for sure ;)

Actually, the P7700 is the "real thing", the Jreds, and later Poulan Pros, are the "sisters"........

Here is a tread, on the 7700, and "sisters".

The tread says it first appeared about 1984, but I am not sure it really was that early.......

Yours look like a later one, what is the serial number????

Serial number is 3190023. Can you tell something from it ?

Probably made 1993, week 19, and number 23 that week......

Probably a "monday saw"......:D :bang:

LOL, a monday saw in scandinavia is likely better made than any where else in europe. Our alcoholic drinks are still affordable :D

Contact Roland (Belgian) - he just found one...........

...but he will probably want to keep it, as it is a historically significant model, and he has become a collector.

That's right, Sawtroll. I intend to keep this saw for my collection right now..;)
She's in top condition now with a new piston and runs like a new.
attachment.php

That's right, Sawtroll. I intend to keep this saw for my collection right now..;)
She's in top condition now with a new piston and runs like a new.....

Have you found any PP parts to put on it yet, to make it a true Zebra??

:greenchainsaw: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

....and how does it feel and cut, compared to the Husky 372xp?

Btw, here is a test report on a really late (2002) sister 2077........

Last edited:
Have you found any PP parts to put on it yet, to make it a true Zebra??

....and how does it feel and cut, compared to the Husky 372xp?

LOL, no need to ; it's complete !!!

and there's no replacement for displacement ;)

To be honoust, I have tested it only with some small logs, but the Partner has definately some more grunt than the 372xp stock.

LOL, no need to ; it's complete !!!

and there's no replacement for displacement ;)

To be honoust, I have tested it only with some small logs, but the Partner has definately some more grunt than the 372xp stock.

You really need a PP clutch cover, or something like that.......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I bought a Poulan Pro 415 in need of a top end a while back. I plan on using th 83cc P&C that is still available through Tilton/Jonsered. Thus, I have been doing some searching and reading on the site about this family of saws. I wanted to comment on the question about the "4" in the serial # on the stolen saw (from Acres site), and the timeline of the saw. I read the thread a few weeks ago and my mind has been slowly turning ever since. My 1984 Jonsered 630 has a silver serial tag and the serial # begins "1984". I have a 1994 Husqvarna 272XP and the tag is black and the # begins with a "4". So, I went back to the stolen saw pics and it shows a black tag. I would guess that the stolen 7700 was a 1994. Just to note, my 415 (soon to be 505) is a 1990 (black tag "0") and does not have "Super Clean".

..... So, I went back to the stolen saw pics and it shows a black tag. I would guess that the stolen 7700 was a 1994. Just to note, my 415 (soon to be 505) is a 1990 (black tag "0") and does not have "Super Clean".

Fits well with how I see the story by now...:cheers: :cheers: :yourock:

I bought this saw especially for Sawtroll...I know he loves the story of the partner saws that determined the future shape of husqvarna and jonsereds...hehe.

It's a 660, the smaller sister of the P7700, known to be the first saw with air injection. It's exactly the same saw, except for the P/C which is smaller.

the power head seems pretty bulky, but there's a lot of plastic on this saw, so the weight is pretty good. Sawtroll mentioned it to be a semi pro saw, but it revs as good and fast as the 7700. I'd have to pull the jug to see its porting to be sure...but that'll happen another time.
Note also that the cover says professional.

660c.jpg

the twins...

6607700.jpg

6607700a.jpg

Last edited:
I bought this saw especially for Sawtroll...I know he loves the story of the partner saws that determined the future shape of husqvarna and jonsereds...hehe.

It's a 660, the smaller sister of the P7700, known to be the first saw with air injection. It's exactly the same saw, except for the P/C which is smaller.

the power head seems pretty bulky, but there's a lot of plastic on this saw, so the weight is pretty good. Sawtroll mentioned it to be a semi pro saw, but it revs as good and fast as the 7700. I'd have to pull the jug to see its porting to be sure...but that'll happen another time.
Note also that the cover says professional.

Sir I dont think I have ever seen any of those that you posted in pictures there in the USA. What years were they made and were they only across the big pond? :cheers:

I am glad to see this thread bumped to the top. I have a 2077 and have been interested in the Poulan and Partner versions. I would love to own some of them but they are hard to find.

Mark, I hope you get the 475 I think you will really like it. I am interested to see how you think it compares to some of your other Poulans performance wise.

Sir I dont think I have ever seen any of those that you posted in pictures there in the USA. What years were they made and were they only across the big pond? :cheers:

Unfortunately the plate on the 660 is missing. I am not sure if they were available in the States as partner, but probably as Poulan Pro.

I am glad to see this thread bumped to the top. I have a 2077 and have been interested in the Poulan and Partner versions. I would love to own some of them but they are hard to find.

Mark, I hope you get the 475 I think you will really like it. I am interested to see how you think it compares to some of your other Poulans performance wise.

I thought we were keeping that under our hat! Till I can actually aquire it anyway..... .

Latest posts

Back