Partner P 7700 - the missing link

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while ago, I found a 1991 Jonsered document that said these saws were made at the Husky factory in Sweden, despite there was no Husky version.

Supposed to go look at a Jred 2083 in a bit :). Is parts still available for these saws?

Last edited:
A while ago, I found a 1991 Jonsered document that said these saws were made at the Husky factory in Sweden, despite there was no Husky version.

Documentation is always appreciated:rock:

Supposed to go look at a Jred 2083 in a bit :). Is parts still available for these saws?

I guess it depends what parts your looking for. I know somethings are.

Any way to tell what year a 2083 turbo is? Looks like the ID tag is different than the newer Jreds.

Any way to tell what year a 2083 turbo is? Looks like the ID tag is different than the newer Jreds.

Different in what way?

The numbering system has been changed two times since then, but otherwise I believe it looks normal for the time?

Post the numbers on the tag, and I am sure it can be dated!

An update on that, based on more knowledge - all Swedish made Partner and Jonsered saws were made at the Husky factory from some time in 1987.

Is the Partner 660 the same as the Poulan Pro 415?

415 or 425 or both, not sure (= have no idea) what the difference is. :confused:

Edit; It might be the "Super Clean" that makes the difference........

Early P660 = PP415

Late P660 = PP425 (with fully developed "Air Injection"/ "Super Clean").

To sum up the rest of the "family";

The 70.7cc P710/PP445 and the 82.4cc 2083/PP505 all were "late" saw, meaning they had the fully developed "Air Injection".

Early P7700 = early 2077 = PP475.

Late P7700 = late 2077 = 2083 II (US only). No PP version of that one.

7700 prototype - cutting log.jpg 7700 prototype.jpg
Partner P 7700 - the missing link !&?

Some time ago I found this http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...6adf5cb67508fb4c88256e0e0078a865?OpenDocument
..in the Stolen Saws section at CSCC.

Except for the colour, it reminds me very much of the Jonsered 2077, which reputedly was "inherited" by Jred from Partner after E-lux takeover. I have never heard that the saw was marketed as a Partner.

Serial number starts with a 4, wich indicates 1994, doesn't it? As the 2077 was avaliable before that, in my mind it indicates that the Partner saw was NOT a prototype, but a production saw!

Another option could be that it indeed is a prototype, made in 1984. I am not quite certain of the E-lux numbering system :dizzy:

Does anyone know more about this?

Edit; We got closer to the truth later in the thread - read on!
Hi. I just stumbled on this thread searching for information on an engineering prototype saw I got to try out in Huskvarna, Sweden in 1988 .

The test results were 3.1 kW (usually 4.2 hp), and 5.5 kg for the 254xp.
For the 357xp they were 3.0 kW (usually 4.1 hp), and 5.9 kg.

I have been reluctant to refer to the tested power output of the 357xp, as the test saw(s?) were of very early production, and there are a lot of indications that the model generally doesn't have .2 kW less output than Huskys rating.

I have no reason to believe that the weight difference isn't typical, though.

The results also tell us that the 254xp had a lot more vibrations at the rear handle, under load, than the 357xp.

I'm joining in very late in the conversation but this post might answer this and other questions above. https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husqvarna-254-vs-154.182859/#post-6810525

Latest posts

Back