partner R**

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the R30 available in US?
A fun note could be that the saws with Tyristor ingnition were called "under water saws".

Mange said:
Was the R30 available in US?
A fun note could be that the saws with Tyristor ingnition were called "under water saws".

Does that meen that Thyristor ignition is more tolerant to wet climate/rain?

It was jokingly called Underwater system, but yes it resisted water better.
In these days the loggers here left their saws under a tree in the forest when finished for the day. This is partly why there was more wet conditions.
I have given this water business quite some thought. I could not understand why saws where more exposed to water in the old days, this is one reason.

Mange,
Coil position sure affected service life. Partner still has some coil life problems in some of the Power Cutters ( 650,700's)beccause the coil is still bolted to the cylinder left side like the old saws.

I started w/ Partner around 1982 when alot of model changes had just started to happen in the USA. Wish I rememberd more but...I gave up some memory so I could keep more hair. Something had to go.

There were two main types of 'electronic', also called 'solid state' ignitions. There was a word thrown around by marketing people...Transistorized' that made dealers think there were three, but it falls under solid state (no moving parts), and electronic which are two ways of describing the same thing.

The two are:
Capacitive discharge, and Transistorized.
Thryistor was of the transistor type.

They were on the right track once op on a time, No ingnition.

Ok, so there is two types.
But what would a system be called with or without points and coil bolted to the cylinder, one or two piease?

I looked at some of the reputation remarks, and one of them stated that the Partner R417 in not 55cc saw but in fact a 85cc saw.
Who ever stated this, should try and convince me of different.
Since the R417 and R417T is export saws I have none, and will most likely never get one. But according to Partner, they were built with 55cc engines.

I did not know that there was a remark about it in the reputation thing.... kind of cought me off guard.
Now big deal, as long as the information is cose to correct, I am happy.

I have what I believe is a R417T. Would like a good picture of the decals on the recoil so I can get them reproduced. Doing a full restore on this for my brothers father-inlaw.

I looked at some of the reputation remarks, and one of them stated that the Partner R417 in not 55cc saw but in fact a 85cc saw.
Who ever stated this, should try and convince me of different.
Since the R417 and R417T is export saws I have none, and will most likely never get one. But according to Partner, they were built with 55cc engines.

I think I have a R417T.

That saw has the manual oiler button to the left of the master controls, leads me to believe its a 100cc version, the top cover looks just like the top cover on my r440t, looks like your decomp is missing, I will try to post pics of mine for comparison.

Back