partner s55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H2Obio

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All, I have my dad's old saw that hasn't been run in years. I drained it and put fresh gas in it. It fires but won't stay running. I'm thinking new carb if they're still available?

Thanks, Ron

I doubt it need a new carb but likely a carb kit. If you can find out which one it takes they're cheap.
The fuel line and impulse line if that saw has one are likely rotten and leaking too.

I doubt it need a new carb but likely a carb kit. If you can find out which one it takes they're cheap.
The fuel line and impulse line if that saw has one are likely rotten and leaking too.
Thanks, I already replaced the fuel line and on the hunt for a carb kit..........I appreciate the reply.

That partner has a real common tilly carb. They respond well to a kit and a simple cleaning. Nice simple saw to work on. The wiring to the ignition chip can be iffy. I think a husky 55 coil is a bolt on. But carb kit best place to start..
There a solid hard working saw.

Good luck
Sapcan

OK, turns out the carb is a walbro and the only number I can find is 21-271. Any suggestions on where to find a carb kit? So far I've struck out.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2264.jpg
    IMG_2264.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back