Parts saws I scored this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mboln52000

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, here are some pics of the saws I picked up over the weekend. These are the ones i mentioned in another thread.

My dealer had these sitting in the back, and wanted to get rid of them, so i made him a deal. $75. for the lot of them.

They are an 028 super av, 038 super av,a nd an 056 av.

The 028 and 038 have bad pistons/cyls.

The 056 is a little rough, but i think it will be running like a champ soon.

my only experience buying pts on ebay .. was a fella selling some sprocket makers rejects..dang things were not even close to rite.. if id have gone a head
and tried to use it ..ida ruined a lotta
the cutting settup on the saw. and possibly got a chain upside the head to boot. jmo sorry fellas this was about the post about buyin kits an stuff on ebay..
my bad.. again the first cup.:eek: :eek: :)

looks like good deal.
i resized them for you. if you do a search for ifranwiew you can download for free software that will let you resize. i was just turned on to it the other day works great.

Last edited:
your welcome! someone at another site turned me on to it. becuase like you my pics where big. i think its cool once i downloaded it i started playing and it works and its free gotta love that.:blob2:

Hey Husky,

Here's a couple of things to consider.  Your image was smaller dimensionally, but almost twice the size data-wise.  The Windows BMP format is quite the wrong one to be using for transmission of images over the WWW for the size and compatibility reasons (my Netscape does not even support them natively, for one thing).  Even though there is an evil company currently pursuing (very questionable) patent enforcement on the format, you should use JPEG for images of the type under consideration.  Another point is that you evidently used some "optimizations" which introduced less focus and strange artifacts.  I've attached a copy of the first image shrunk to your same dimensions.  Save it to disk and compare it directly with yours.

Glen

I'm glad you (evidently) didn't become offended by my post.  It was supposed to be helpful only, but now reading it, it "sounds" more terse than I'd thought it would.

I don't know how that software you're using works in terms of the decisions it makes to save stuff.  I do know that in my limited (on purpose) contact with Microsoft stuff, I find the default absence of filename extensions being shown to be problematic in many cases.

Glen

i did'nt have a problm with your post i needed that information. becuase i didd'nt realize there was a differance. and that seems to be how it downloads pics. i had no problm before:rolleyes: just could'nt resize. now i can resize but its that bmp. i'll figuire it out it will just take me awhile i'm a little slow when it comes to computers.

Latest posts

Back