Picked up a husqvarna 61 today (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duh. Forgot there is a husky and a stihl 460.
Just thinkin of my dads stihl.
Makes much more sense now!
[emoji106]

Keep us posted on how well it holds, if you don't mind.
I'm always curious sort of results thing like this give.

i've actually had surprising good results on the rubber mounts of my pb-620 blower
after doing a fussy cleanup and using Cyanoacrylate ("crazy glue").

Keep us posted on how well it holds, if you don't mind.
I'm always curious sort of results thing like this give.

i've actually had surprising good results on the rubber mounts of my pb-620 blower
after doing a fussy cleanup and using Cyanoacrylate ("crazy glue").
Will do!
Actually I mixed a small batch and just coated the surfaces and it seemed ok, I let it set for a day. Picked it up and gave it a good twist and it fell apart.[emoji20] So this time I mixed up the rest and filled the crevices and the surfaces, then put a little layer on top too. That's the picture I posted. Tonight will be 24 hours so I'll check it out then.

Checked it out last night and it seems strong. I was hoping to cut but it was raining. By the weekend I should be able to give it some use. Not sure if extra time is good for curing. It says 24 hours fully cured. I guess it can't hurt.

Yeah i got a Husky 61, all orange, made 93 and was chasing an oil pump for it, dealer want $147 AU for one but picked up one from usa $20us and $37US postage to Australia, wish i could get parts cheaper here
Regards Peter

So results are in on that epoxy.
d407bc85d06ee3fab283a906596e9485.jpg
869cdfec2d385de956fb53f7af48840c.jpg

It didn't hold up. I think part of the reason is I should have scuffed up the plastic first because it obviously not solvent based. It just skinned over the plastic and can be peeled off.
So I tried something new I saw at the lumber yard.
ab2c47af360c3fc03995e16024801197.jpg

e00e0a1e5c7bd9ca493c051c4713c54d.jpg
8a3b46e52ce9277344913c2ebdac9f5e.jpg
9306748aa0ca6ec3d1eff4d805e08c25.jpg
056dc2ab7d52dc14a6566bb37bc95b50.jpg
2c3b79dba540e0b3efaaa4807a6e78df.jpg

Seems like pretty decent stuff. Really sticky while it's activating. I'm glad I wore gloves!
After it cured it felt really hard. But the last inch of the wrap wasn't quite secure do I wrapped it with some electrical tape.
65e3a5458754269f34588a3943e989f0.jpg

Then I opened up the Exhaust a little and did some cutting.
410c547b8c27c8c3c1a12ba68bea56e7.jpg

So far the wrap is holding up after a few hours of cutting. And I gave it a workout too!
Time will tell...

One thing about this saw is if you pull to hard into the cut, not excessively either, it sets the brake. It has an adjustment but it doesn't seem to change anything.

I sold a husky 51 to a guy 3 or 4 days ago. Asked me if I'd be interested in buying a non running 61 told him if it's complete heck ya I'm interested. Got it for cheap, brought it home. Cleaned the carb, bought new fuel line. Fresh mix. Fired rifgt, weird thing it didn't have the kill switch, , so bought replacement drilled hole put a self tapper in. Runs awesome, and makes good power, so I put a new full chisel ,cuts great. . The only thing I don't like is my hand doesn't fit very well between the handle and chainbreak. Knuckles rub on the chainbreak. And it looks factory doesn't look bent at all. Love the 61. It cleaned up pretty good. I'll probably sell it. Good luck finding new tank or handle, there should be some out there.20150404_135159.jpg

I sold a husky 51 to a guy 3 or 4 days ago. Asked me if I'd be interested in buying a non running 61 told him if it's complete heck ya I'm interested. Got it for cheap, brought it home. Cleaned the carb, bought new fuel line. Fresh mix. Fired rifgt, weird thing it didn't have the kill switch, , so bought replacement drilled hole put a self tapper in. Runs awesome, and makes good power, so I put a new full chisel ,cuts great. . The only thing I don't like is my hand doesn't fit very well between the handle and chainbreak. Knuckles rub on the chainbreak. And it looks factory doesn't look bent at all. Love the 61. It cleaned up pretty good. I'll probably sell it. Good luck finding new tank or handle, there should be some out there.View attachment 417331
The brake handle is definitely bent back it's supposed to be straight.

I sold a husky 51 to a guy 3 or 4 days ago. Asked me if I'd be interested in buying a non running 61 told him if it's complete heck ya I'm interested. Got it for cheap, brought it home. Cleaned the carb, bought new fuel line. Fresh mix. Fired rifgt, weird thing it didn't have the kill switch, , so bought replacement drilled hole put a self tapper in. Runs awesome, and makes good power, so I put a new full chisel ,cuts great. . The only thing I don't like is my hand doesn't fit very well between the handle and chainbreak. Knuckles rub on the chainbreak. And it looks factory doesn't look bent at all. Love the 61. It cleaned up pretty good. I'll probably sell it. Good luck finding new tank or handle, there should be some out there.View attachment 417331

Hope you followed step 5 and really rubbed it good; to distribute the resin :laughing: Hope this fix works in the short term, hopefully a good used handle will show up. Is the clutch spring starting to get weak? If it gets too worn, you wouldnt be able to adjust it as well. Maybe thats you issue. Nice pup, I always like seeing them

Oh I rubbed it real good![emoji13]
Not sure on the clutch spring. How would I check it?

Back