Picked up a new to me little case

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1835B Diesel, this should help me moving those big rounds and loading the truck. I have been wanting one of these for a while. Grapple & splitter attachments coming soon!!

View attachment 456612

What year? How many hours? What did you pay (if you don't mind sayin')? I am in the market but don't want to spend much as I will not use it enough to justify spending a lot of money.

I looked up specs. 32hp and gasoline is probably right down my alley.

What year? How many hours? What did you pay (if you don't mind sayin')? I am in the market but don't want to spend much as I will not use it enough to justify spending a lot of money.

I looked up specs. 32hp and gasoline is probably right down my alley.

It's a 1986 with 2200 hours and a diesel engine rated @ 34 hp. Paid $4500 for it. Just got it back to my property a couple days ago. I had to rent a trailer to go get it. Runs very good and the owner had it serviced at 2200 hours and I picked it up with 2208 hours. It runs great but a few things need to be fixed on it. It came with a bucket and a set of forks. Water in the chain cases mixed with the oil, no rust in there, drained replaced the oil in there. I will keep it out of the weather so it doesn't continue to get water in the chain cases.

INBOX44166529715192d356e80ebce04a8d7900f2.jpg

It's a 1986 with 2200 hours and a diesel engine rated @ 34 hp. Paid $4500 for it. Just got it back to my property a couple days ago. I had to rent a trailer to go get it. Runs very good and the owner had it serviced at 2200 hours and I picked it up with 2208 hours. It runs great but a few things need to be fixed on it. It came with a bucket and a set of forks. Water in the chain cases mixed with the oil, no rust in there, drained replaced the oil in there. I will keep it out of the weather so it doesn't continue to get water in the chain cases.

View attachment 458725

Thanks for the response. This is right in my price range. Will this model operate a grapple bucket?

we have 3 of these on the farm. 1 is on its second engine 9948 hrs on the first engine, 10157 on the second engine. Think we use it much? Don't see any remote hydraulic outlets on yours. How are you planning on running the grapple and splitter?

we have 3 of these on the farm. 1 is on its second engine 9948 hrs on the first engine, 10157 on the second engine. Think we use it much? Don't see any remote hydraulic outlets on yours. How are you planning on running the grapple and splitter?

What do I need to look for to insure it will operate a grapple? Sorry, I know this is probably elementary for most. Thanks in advance

Case uses a foot controlled valve that runs hard steel lines up to a set of couplers on the left boom arm. This is where you plug in the hydraulic lines from your grapple cylinder(s). None of our 1835b's have factory remote hydraulics. We do have a machine that we spliced into the lines on the back of the boom arms that control the bucket. We can run the splitter from out side the machine only. We have an 1840c that we added the factory remote kit to but it was over $2k for the dealer to install it.

View attachment 458725
Be sure the water in the chain case has not froze and taken out the seals!!!
Those hyd motors are not cheap and hard to find used,,trust me,,,
I had a 1 yard bucket for snow,, worked well, great machines!!
Horrible little things when they get stuck!!
BBB

It may not be worth trying to put any attachments on it that require separate hydraulic controls. For now I am going through it and using it to load the truck and move/haul wood.

Latest posts

Back