Picked up a new/used splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Sometimes it just feels like clutter, but when things are working well, we can put a fair amount of firewood on the ground. I bet northern tool might have a jack with a wheel that would bolt right on.

Bummer about the apple crop. We had the opposite problem here. Almost 100% pollination, and we even asked the guy who keeps bees here to wait until after the bloom was over to bring in the bees. We literally thinned from fruit set until about a two weeks ago. Still the trees are overloaded. I need to head to the woods to make some more props. It will be a big crop for us, but it was a lot of work. My wife spent a lot of time on the ladder in the last few months.

We just brought in the first few bushels of Red Frees on Monday.

Do you guys use chemical thinners? With the new carbohydrate loading models incorporated with the NEWA weather stations it has become quite scientific.

Do you guys use chemical thinners? With the new carbohydrate loading models incorporated with the NEWA weather stations it has become quite scientific.

No. All by hand. I know what you're talking about though. It's amazing really. We're organic. Not certified, but we grow that way.

Latest posts

Back