Picking up my 562xp today - bar suggestions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukkyseven

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I'm going to go buy my saw today and I plan on using this as my one saw arsenal or however you want to put it. My question is, should I just buy a 20" bar to start? Or should I get say an 18" and a 24". Eventually I see myself owning all three, but I'm not sure where to start. I only have one tree left on the property that's 20+ inches at this current time.

So I'm going to go buy my saw today and I plan on using this as my one saw arsenal or however you want to put it. My question is, should I just buy a 20" bar to start? Or should I get say an 18" and a 24". Eventually I see myself owning all three, but I'm not sure where to start. I only have one tree left on the property that's 20+ inches at this current time.

grab a 20" now and get a 24 " when the need arises, balance will be good with a 20

Get the 20" Tech-Lite. By far the best bar for this saw. It's lighter than an 18" solid Husky bar. If ever there was a bar and saw that belonged together, this is it... :msp_smile:

562xp1.jpg

I currently have 18"(Total solid), 20"(Carlton DE Solid) and 24"(Sugihara) bars. I will be getting a 562XP soon and I plan to get rid of all three bars and get a 20" Techlite for 90% of my use and a Carlton Tsumura 26" for stumping and for felling wider trees.

3/8 .050 72DL loops are pretty commonly stocked and my local Husky dealer does not build loops!! Nice to be able to run in and grab a chain should I run low.

Bill

Get the 20" Tech-Lite. By far the best bar for this saw. It's lighter than an 18" solid Husky bar. If ever there was a bar and saw that belonged together, this is it... :msp_smile:

562xp1.jpg

That's hardly a coinsidence, according to a "news letter" on the website here.....:msp_wink:

Last edited:

562xp1.jpg

I agree completely.

I agree with the others, 20" is perfect on this saw and will provide the most all-around use. The techlite bar is also a great upgrade but any 20" bar will balance just fine due to the design of the 562.

The shop I had did not have the TechLite bars. I ended up with a 20" bar though and it cut great. Absolutely loved it. I do have a question though.

Can this saw pull a 28" bar? I'm brand new to chainsaws, but I have a tree down right now that's going to need a few cuts and it's 26" wide per my measurement. I know I could use the 20 and do fine, but let's just say I'm curious ;)

Here's the real newb question - Can you explain 'full wrap' to me?

Parrisw can probably explain it better, but full wrap refers to a front handle that goes all the way round. So you can hold the saw on either its left or right side when feeling trees.

Here's the real newb question - Can you explain 'full wrap' to me?

Parrisw can probably explain it better, but full wrap refers to a front handle that goes all the way round. So you can hold the saw on either its left or right side when feeling trees.

Yes, well, actually the 562 comes with a 3/4 wrap, just like the Stihl ones. I'd rather have full, but 3/4 will do.

20" and 28" tech lite bars for the 562 and you'll be set for cutting any size tree you'll probably encounter.

So the 562 will do okay with a 28" bar? On the Husky site it says it can, but I haven't read anywhere else that people are putting that big of a bar on it.

I know mweba has used his with a 28" some. He has videos of it pulling a 28" and maybe a 32".

I don't think I'd be using the 28" much at all. I'm debating on even getting it. It would cost $120 + chains, although I'd probably spend that same amount on a 24" bar. I don't really see me going any lower than a 20" bar on this thing, so getting the 16" or 18" bar doesn't make sense. And I'm also not sure I feel like spending another $150 just t get an extra 4" in bar length.

I youtube'd mweba (sp?) 562 and it looked like it did okay with the 28". I guess I have some things to think about.

Back